Hulu is making a big splash at the Television Critics Associations winter press tour as they announced that season 2 of The Handmaid’s Tale would be premiering on April 25th and that Academy Award winner Marisa Tomei would be appearing in the new season. Along with the announcement, a new trailer teasing what we might see for Offred and the dystopian society of Gilead. The first season just won the Golden Globe for Best Drama and Elisabeth Moss won for best actress. The new 13-episode season will be released one a week on Wednesdays following the premiere.
The announcement of Tomei by series creator Bruce Miller, “We are lucky enough to have Marisa Tomei in episode number two,” was well received by the audience. Tomei is one of the women in Hollywood to lend her name to the #MeToo movement and went public with her experience with Harvey Weinstein. Her casting seems to be pitch perfect for the series based on the 1985 Margaret Atwood novel about the sexual farming of women and the removal of their autonomy in society. A somewhat fitting story considering the current political climate. No word yet on the role Tomei will be playing.
The Handmaid’s Tale season 2 kicks off on April 25th, 2018 on Hulu.
- Watch: The Handmaid's Tale Season 2 Teaser Trailer from Hulu
- Black Lightning Season 1: Jefferson Pierce, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Brainiac 5, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Beebo, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Cayden James, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Ralph Dibny, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018