It’s a slow news Sunday, which means that the International Commission on Clickbait Article Topics (ICCAT) has loosened its regulations on what makes for an allowable “news” article to include celebrities talking to each other on Twitter. We were glad to get the text message alert this morning letting us know this was fair game, because we noticed a great interaction between superstar actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and superstar comic book artist Sir Rob Liefeld.
It all started when Liefeld praised Johnson for reinvigorating the Jumanji franchise with the box office success of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. The movie opened with a higher box office gross than Star Wars in China, and has already crossed the $600 million worldwide threshold. Liefeld tweeted:
— robertliefeld (@robertliefeld) January 12, 2018
But if you thought it was a thrill to see your favorite comic book creator tweet at your favorite pro wrestler turned actor, wait until you see what happened next! Johnson responded:
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) January 12, 2018
Incredible. The only question now is: is there still time to ditch Josh Brolin and get The Rock in there to play Cable in Deadpool 2?
- Tell Us What You Loved About the X-Men Comics This Year [X-ual Healing 12-12-18] - December 16, 2018
- Of Course Reed Richards is to Blame… Next Week’s Marvel Knights 20th #4 - December 15, 2018
- Somebody Needs a Snickers in Next Week’s Iceman #4 - December 15, 2018
- Kate Bishop Refuses to Die in Canada in Next Week’s Old Man Hawkeye Finale - December 15, 2018
- Archangel’s Loyalty Tested in Next Week’s Uncanny X-Men #6 - December 15, 2018