It’s a slow news Sunday, which means that the International Commission on Clickbait Article Topics (ICCAT) has loosened its regulations on what makes for an allowable “news” article to include celebrities talking to each other on Twitter. We were glad to get the text message alert this morning letting us know this was fair game, because we noticed a great interaction between superstar actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and superstar comic book artist Sir Rob Liefeld.
It all started when Liefeld praised Johnson for reinvigorating the Jumanji franchise with the box office success of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. The movie opened with a higher box office gross than Star Wars in China, and has already crossed the $600 million worldwide threshold. Liefeld tweeted:
— robertliefeld (@robertliefeld) January 12, 2018
But if you thought it was a thrill to see your favorite comic book creator tweet at your favorite pro wrestler turned actor, wait until you see what happened next! Johnson responded:
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) January 12, 2018
Incredible. The only question now is: is there still time to ditch Josh Brolin and get The Rock in there to play Cable in Deadpool 2?
- X-ual Healing: Peak Liefeld Era in Cable #158 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The Ol’ Switcheroo in X-Men Gold #30 - June 23, 2018
- Since When Do Psycho Chicks Read Comics? A Pre-Order Preview of Betty & Veronica: Vixens #8 - June 23, 2018
- Snyder Cut: Justice League’s Wonder Woman Was a Lot More Like Man of Steel’s Superman - June 23, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Says Donald Trump is Close to Breaking an All-Time Record - June 23, 2018