It’s a slow news Sunday, which means that the International Commission on Clickbait Article Topics (ICCAT) has loosened its regulations on what makes for an allowable “news” article to include celebrities talking to each other on Twitter. We were glad to get the text message alert this morning letting us know this was fair game, because we noticed a great interaction between superstar actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and superstar comic book artist Sir Rob Liefeld.
It all started when Liefeld praised Johnson for reinvigorating the Jumanji franchise with the box office success of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. The movie opened with a higher box office gross than Star Wars in China, and has already crossed the $600 million worldwide threshold. Liefeld tweeted:
— robertliefeld (@robertliefeld) January 12, 2018
But if you thought it was a thrill to see your favorite comic book creator tweet at your favorite pro wrestler turned actor, wait until you see what happened next! Johnson responded:
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) January 12, 2018
Incredible. The only question now is: is there still time to ditch Josh Brolin and get The Rock in there to play Cable in Deadpool 2?
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Union Jack Resisted Thatcher’s England in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Marvel Mocked a Beloved Republican President in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Spider-Man Took a Fall for Animal Rights in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Namor Got Political About Pollution in 1989 - October 21, 2018