Niantc has released details on the next Pokémon GO event that will kick off on January 20th called Community Day. We have a full description from the company’s website below, but basically, the event serves as a giant excuse to get people out of the house to meet fellow players, we well as releasing a new legendary Pokémon in Kyogre. The catch to Kyogre is that you have to catch him in raid battles, and you only have until 1pm PST on Valentine’s Day to snag him. Since we know how well those battles are going over with the community on social media, we assume January 20th will be renamed Complaint Day on Twitter as players get together to commiserate over the horrible system.
Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.
Once a month, we’ll host a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which will appear frequently around the world for just a few hours. When caught during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses will be in effect during the event, such as increased XP or Stardust, and Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- U.K. Hacker Jailed For DDoS Attacking Pokémon GO
- Legendary Pokemon Kyogre is Now Available in Pokémon Go
- Detective Pikachu is Finally Making Its Way to the West this March Alongside a Big Amiibo
- Media Create Shows Nintendo Switch & PS4 Leading Japanese 2018 Sales
- Pokémon GO is Ditching Support for Older iPhones that Can't Run iOS 11
- Pokémon GO Players Are Starting to Rebel Against the EX Raid System
- Dylan Sprouse Voices Alith Anar for Total War Warhammer II DLC - May 26, 2018
- NIS America Announces Killer7 Coming to Steam This Fall - May 26, 2018
- The Lost Child Receives a New Angel Interaction Trailer - May 26, 2018
- Epic Games Openly Warns Players About Free Fortnite V-Bucks Scams - May 26, 2018
- Bungie Makes a Few Armor Tweaks and More in Destiny 2 - May 26, 2018