The dev team at Epic Games wanted to show off some of the new highlights that will be coming to Fortnite in the next update, so the crew put together a lovely short video (which we’ve loaded up at the bottom) to go over some of the grander details. The biggest announcement to come out of the video is that you’ll be seeing several new locations added to the giant battle royale map to both enhance the gameplay and spruce up some areas that are deader than a doornail.
The three areas you’ll be getting are a brand new city, an abandoned motel, and a junkyard, all of which will be hotspots for loot as well as opportunities for different kinds of battles. The city itself is going to remind a few of you of battles you might have had in H1Z1, while the other locations are interesting takes on different assets used in the game. Have fun picking up tons of metal inside the junkyard! Also, a lot of the locations that are already on the map will be given a better graphics upgrade, or as the dev int he video put it, “the swamps look swampier.” Enjoy!
- No New Vehicles Or Maps Being Planned For Fortnite At The Moment
- Fortnite Just Disabled Friendly Fire To Prevent Team Killing
- The 21st Annual DICE Award Nominees Are Here
- Fortnite Unleashes Its Latest Patch, Which Includes an Uncozy Campfire
- A Fortnite Ad Takes A Cheap Shot At Destiny 2 In Their Own Reddit
- The Latest Update to Fortnite's Battle Royale Is the Boogie Bomb
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Developer Wants Better IP Protection from Copycats
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018
- Bethesda Explains Why Fallout 76 Won’t Be Coming to Steam - October 16, 2018
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed - October 16, 2018