Noel Clarke, whom you probably recognize from his role as Mickey Smith on Doctor Who, wants to bring another classic British TV show back to the airwaves: World of Sport Wrestling. The original program ran from 1965 to 1985 in ITV, and a revival of World of Sport was tried on New Years Eve in 2016, and seemed to be successful, but plans to bring the show back on a regular basis fizzled, probably because Jeff Jarrett and Impact Wrestling got involved in the production, both of which literally ruin everything they touch. But Clarke wants to try again.
“I’m putting this in the ether,” Clarke wrote. “I’ve been a consistent wrestling fan for 30+ years.”
We knew we liked Mickey for a reason.
“With many more fans out there,” he continued, “two films on the way and a world of talent. There has never been a better time. I want to bring back UK World of Sport Wrestling. Not a one-off special. An ongoing weekly show.”
Clarke asked fans to retweet if they agree, so ol’ Mickey a favor and click on the tweet below to do just that.
I’m putting this in the ether. Ive been a consistent wrestling fan.for 30+ years. With many more fans out there. 2 films on the way n a world of talent. There has never been a better time. I want to bring back UK @WOSWrestlingITV NOT a one off special. An ongoing weekly show. RT pic.twitter.com/KaMX6V51s0
— Noel Clarke (@NoelClarke) January 12, 2018
- Halloween Begins Filming as Four More Join the Cast
- Mark Millar and Rafael Albuquerque's Huck Gets a Bust from Skelton Crew Studio
- What Does Joss Whedon’s Departure from Batgirl Mean for the DCEU and the Snyder Cut? - February 23, 2018
- David F. Walker and Chris Samnee Say Goodbye to Marvel - February 23, 2018
- Roxane Gay Vies for Batgirl Job on Twitter, DC Exec Responds - February 23, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – The Generic Origin of Lydia Nance Revealed in X-Men Gold #22 - February 22, 2018
- It’s Superteens Vs. Crusaders in New Archie Mini-Series in June - February 22, 2018