Noel Clarke, whom you probably recognize from his role as Mickey Smith on Doctor Who, wants to bring another classic British TV show back to the airwaves: World of Sport Wrestling. The original program ran from 1965 to 1985 in ITV, and a revival of World of Sport was tried on New Years Eve in 2016, and seemed to be successful, but plans to bring the show back on a regular basis fizzled, probably because Jeff Jarrett and Impact Wrestling got involved in the production, both of which literally ruin everything they touch. But Clarke wants to try again.
“I’m putting this in the ether,” Clarke wrote. “I’ve been a consistent wrestling fan for 30+ years.”
We knew we liked Mickey for a reason.
“With many more fans out there,” he continued, “two films on the way and a world of talent. There has never been a better time. I want to bring back UK World of Sport Wrestling. Not a one-off special. An ongoing weekly show.”
Clarke asked fans to retweet if they agree, so ol’ Mickey a favor and click on the tweet below to do just that.
I’m putting this in the ether. Ive been a consistent wrestling fan.for 30+ years. With many more fans out there. 2 films on the way n a world of talent. There has never been a better time. I want to bring back UK @WOSWrestlingITV NOT a one off special. An ongoing weekly show. RT pic.twitter.com/KaMX6V51s0
— Noel Clarke (@NoelClarke) January 12, 2018
- Halloween Begins Filming as Four More Join the Cast
- Mark Millar and Rafael Albuquerque's Huck Gets a Bust from Skelton Crew Studio
- Because U Demanded It: WWE PPVs to Now Be Even Longer - May 23, 2018
- Lumberjanes and More BOOM! Digital Comics Featured in the Latest Humble Bundle - May 23, 2018
- Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Regina King, More Join HBO’s Watchmen Cast - May 23, 2018
- NFL Owners Approve Policy Fining Teams If Players Kneel During National Anthem - May 23, 2018
- Hellboy Board Game Adds Expansion Before It’s Been Released - May 23, 2018