WWE’s line of NXT figures have been a hit at Target stores since debuting in 2017. Some of the biggest names form NXTs past and present have had figures debut, and these waves will be no different. Former champions, future stars, and fan favorites will be in both Elite and basic form this spring. Mattel and WWE continue to be a perfect match, and hopefully distribution to Target stores improves with these waves.
Up first will be the long-awaited figures for everyone’s favorite now-defunct former NXT tag-team champions DIY. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa Basics will be coming in revision cases of wave 2 anytime now. Each comes with an WWE NXT chair and collectors card. Both figures look pretty great, and it will be nice to relive the heyday of DIY before Ciampa turned on Gargano last year.
Wave 3 of Basics will consist of two flashback figures in Paige and Xavier Woods, a weirdly colored suit version of Triple H, and debut figures for Roderick Strong and Bille Kay. All five figures will come with title belts, as well. All of the belts are the older versions and do not feature vac-metalization like their Elite counterparts. I missed getting the old NXT tag-team titles before, so it is cool to get another shot here. I have the Elite version of Paige already, so out of the four that is the only one I will probably be skipping. I need the Triple H for my triple H shelf, and the other three figures all look great.
Elite-wise, wave 3 is half flashbacks and half “current” stars. Alexander Rusev is awesome, and a lot of people only familiar with current main roster look will be shocked by this one. The shorter hair still throws me off whenever I see it. And talk about weird — Roman Reigns in shorts! I actually wish he still had this look on the main roster; he looks way more intimidating. Definitely more like a heel, though. Kudos to Mattel for using a cloth shirt, as well. The plastic ones almost never look right.
Newer Elites will be Bobby Roode and Ember Moon. Roode of course is on SmackDown, but he comes with the updated NXT championship, so he will be sought-after. Personally, I think he looks okay, but I will wait for an Elite that comes with his robe. The standout figure of all these is the Elite Ember Moon. Just an exceptional job here, from the dye job on the hair to the way they nailed her entrance gear. If she came with the NXT Women’s title, it would be perfect, since she is the current champ. But she won well after this figure was tooled, so we have to wait.
Yet again Mattel has given us great figures from NXT. These will be in stores in the Spring.
- The Russo Brothers Confirm That Avengers 4 Has Wrapped Filming
- Report: Mark Wahlberg Demanded $1.5 Million to Allow Christopher Plummer in All the Money in the World
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Yields New Faces and New Dangers
- Belligerent Sue Kroll Denies Hating Superhero Movies, Is Proud of Justice League Campaign
- DGA Announces 2018 Nominations with Some Notable Names
- Channing Tatum's Gambit Movie Loses Yet Another Director
- Paramount TV, Anonymous Bringing Epic Novel 'Shantaram' to Series
- Family Guy's 300th Episode Preview: Brian vs. Stewie - It's On!
- Chinese Audiences Didn't Think Star Wars: The Last Jedi Actors Were Attractive Enough
- Gillian Anderson Live Tweets The X-Files, Because She's One of Us
- Three New Funko Exclusives Revealed, Including The Batman Who Laughs - October 16, 2018
- Select Super7 NYCC Collectibles are Now Available in Their Web Store - October 16, 2018
- Critters Blu-ray Box Set Details are Finally Revealed - October 16, 2018
- CONTEST: Win Yourself Some Bumblebee Goodness From Hasbro! - October 16, 2018
- Funko Round-Up: Kingdom Hearts 3, Summoners War, Overwatch, and Aquaman! - October 16, 2018