The first season of National Geographic series Genius was good — Geoffrey Rush as Albert Einstein was inspired — and season 2 looks to be even better. As reported last year, Antonio Banderas will be playing Pablo Picasso in the later years of the troubled artist’s life.
Today NatGeo released the first trailer for the season, featuring a look at Picasso and his ultimate pickup line to young women: “I want to paint you.”
“The life story of Pablo Picasso has long since fascinated me and I have so much respect for this man, who also comes from my birthplace Málaga,” Banderas said after being cast. “I am thrilled to work with National Geographic, Brian, Ron, Ken and the rest of the Genius team to tell an authentic story of one of the most innovative painters in the world.”
Alex Rich (GLOW) will be playing young Pablo.
Produced by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, the limited series is set to premiere on April 24th on NatGeo.
- Let's Talk About the 2018 Golden Globes: Predictions in Major Categories
- Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards 2018 Nominations: Complete List
- The Shape of Water Leads the Pack in Golden Globe Nominations
- National Geographic Casts Young Pablo Picasso For Anthology Series
- Antonio Banderas To Play Pablo Picasso In Season 2 Of Genius
- [SPOILERS] Geoffrey Rush Talks The Twist In Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Darren Criss Was the Perfect Choice for ‘ACS: Versace’ Killer - January 22, 2018
- The 24th Annual SAG Awards 2018 Winners’ List - January 21, 2018
- GLOW Star Alison Brie Comments on Allegations Against Brother-in-Law James Franco - January 21, 2018
- Join Us Tonight for the 2018 SAG Awards Live Tweet - January 21, 2018
- Steven Spielberg and Ernie Cline Talk Ready Player One, Plus NEW FOOTAGE - January 21, 2018