Hidden Path Entertainment has announced the release date for their tabletop strategy game Brass Tactics this February. They’ve also opened up pre-orders for highly anticipated RTS on the Oculus Store. If you pre-order your copy of the game ahead of its release on February 22nd, you’ll save $15 USD off the total purchase price.
I was able to get hands-on with the game back during PAX West in September and had an absolute blast. I may or may not have closed out the PAX Oculus event by playing a few rounds of Brass Tactics completely oblivious to the party breaking down around me because I was just so heavily invested in the game. It’s a tabletop wargame in virtual reality, and let me tell you, as a short girl it is awesome to play tabletop games in VR where I can stand in the middle of the game table instead of having to grab chairs and awkwardly climb around to move my units.
Brass Tactics boasts the following features:
- Dozens of units and upgrades to customize your army
- A six-hour narrative campaign
- More than 20 detailed maps
- Three AI personalities, each with four difficulty settings
The game is also getting a free-to-play edition called Brass Tactics Arena, which will be coming to Rift on February 15th just in time for you to pre-order the full game and save some money. You can register for Brass Tactics Arena here.
You can check out the teaser trailer for Brass Tactics below. The tabletop VR wargame will release on Oculus Rift on February 22nd.
- Fable Studio Announces New Neil Gaiman VR Project At Sundance
- Brass Tactics Will Finally Be Released in Late February
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018