Back at PAX West, myself and Madeline Ricchiuto both had a chance to check out Brass Tactics at the Razer booth and at a special Oculus Rift party. In fact, I got some awesome photos of Madeline stabbing at the air as she decimated her AI opponent. Today, developer Hidden Path Entertainment (Age of Empires II) formally announced that the game would be coming out on February 22nd. You can pre-order the game right now for $40, but there is an option on the Oculus store for only $25 if you decide to spend your money on them instead.
Below is the formal announcement trailer for the game, which if you haven’t checked it out yet, is a tabletop RTS game that was built and designed exclusively for the Oculus and tries to utilize the technology to it’s fullest potential. I can say from playing a bit of it myself, you tend to feel like a Greek god as you reach into a drawer under the table for all of your living units and place them about the battlefield in an attempt to conquer everything in your path. Or at the very least, lay waste to everything your opponent throws out. It should be awesome when the game is released next month.
- Fable Studio Announces New Neil Gaiman VR Project At Sundance
- Battlefield 1 Operations Are Now Open To All Players
- Oculus Announces VR Tabletop Wargame Brass Tactics to Launch in February
- Dark Horse Comes to Madefire Just in Time for the Holidays
- ARKTIKA.1 Introduces Cloud Saves And Additional Language Support In New Update
- Skyrim VR Review: A Great Way To Give Yourself Some Serious Motion Sickness
- Brass Tactics Is Now Available For Pre-Order
- Twitch Announces New Monetization with Bits in Extensions - April 23, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Releases New Trailer at England’s Inception - April 23, 2018
- Skydance Interactive Announces Archangel: Hellfire with New Trailer - April 23, 2018
- TinyBuild Games Releases Extended Gameplay Trailer for Garage - April 23, 2018
- Vampire: The Masquerade Creators Get a New Distribution Deal for 5E - April 23, 2018