Earlier this week, the world was shocked to learn that Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million for reshoots on All the Money in the World while Michelle Williams earned just $1,000. The reshoots were required because Kevin Spacey needed to be replaced by Christopher Plummer following multiple sexual assault allegations levied against Spacey. Initially, reports concluded that the difference in pay could be due to contractual obligations, though Williams expressed willingness to do the reshoots for free, and ended up doing them for the minimum pay allowed by SAG AFTRA.
“I said I’d be wherever they needed me, whenever they needed me,” Williams had said of the reshoots to replace Spacey. “And they could have my salary, they could have my holiday, whatever they wanted. Because I appreciated so much that they were making this massive effort.”
That Wahlberg received so much money was doubly shocking because early reports indicated that both actors had done the reshoots for free, or at least for the minimum payment. However, a new report from USA Today paints Wahlberg’s involvement in an entirely different light.
According to USA Today’s report, Wahlberg actually had a clause in his contract agreeing to reshoots, just like Williams. however, Wahlberg also reportedly had a clause giving him approval over any co-stars added to the film, and USA Today’s sources claim that Wahlberg used that clause to demand payment for the reshoots in order to approve Plummer.
“What he said was, ‘I will not approve Christopher Plummer unless you pay me,'” claimed one source. “And that’s how he @#$%ed them.”
Walhberg’s representatives declined to comment on the story when asked, USA Today reports.
- FX Greenlights 'Fosse/Verdon' With Lin-Manuel Miranda, Sam Rockwell, Michelle Williams
- Mark Wahlberg's Six Billion Dollar Man Film Needs A New Director
- Michelle Williams Responds to Mark Wahlberg's $2 Million Time's Up Donation
- Game of Thrones Arya Stark from ThreeZero Fully Revealed
- WWE NXT Gets a Plethora of New Figures at Target Stores
- Transformers Autobot Ironhide is Coming to the Masterpiece Movie Line
- Star Wars Vintage Collectors Will Love This Ottoman From Walmart
- Luke Cage is the Latest Defender to get a Kotobukiya Statue
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018
- Marvel Unlimited Comes Into the Spider-Verse With Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - December 12, 2018
- Is Tom Taylor Planning to Kill the DC Universe? - December 12, 2018
- Mark Bagley and Chip Zdarsky Launch a Mini-Series Where Spider-Man Ages in Real Time - December 12, 2018
- That Time Bruce Wayne Teamed Up With Donald Trump… In Real Life?! - December 12, 2018