In today’s X-Men: Blue #16, they managed to sort out one glitch in the Marvel Universe timeline, for now at least. But, because this is X-Men, they can’t help but pave the way for more to come.
Such as taking a quick trip out of time and space…
And seeing the future – mostly scenes already played out across the X-Men titles over the decades… but this seems to be one that’s new.
Apocalypse with four new Horsemen. Storm (possibly Bloodstorm), Havok (still corrupted by Axis), Daken and… Maggott.
Maggott was created by Scott Lobdell and Joe Madureira for Uncanny X-Men #345 as a South African mutant with a very odd power set, his stomach could turn into two independently thinking maggot-like creatures which could leave his body, find their own foodstuff and return, granting Maggott lots of power. Even in the world of mutants, he was unique.
He just hasn’t been around, or prominent, for a while. He’s a character whose very existence has been mocked, inside the comics and out of them. Despite having a small but dedicated fanbase.
Well, by the looks of things, and that looks like an X-Men Gold, plot he won’t be mocked for much longer. Could this be why his story was including in the X-Men Gold Vol 0 trade paperback? Could there actually have been method to that madness?
They do like to plan these things. As this image from X-Men Blue #1 over nine months ago demonstrates, for those who read #19 all the way through…
X-MEN BLUE #19
(W) Cullen Bunn (A) R. B. Silva (CA) Arthur Adams
CROSS-TIME CAPERS Part 3
• The timestream is in ruins… And it is the fault of the X-MEN!
• Can the X-Men fix everything that has gone wrong…even if it means battling against themselves?
• At long last, the original X-Men are reunited with PROFESSOR X!
Rated T+In Shops: Jan 10, 2018
- Tomorrow, Bill Sienkiewicz Pretends to Be Esad Ribic - November 20, 2018
- Aspen Teases the Return of Damsels In Excess in February 2019 Solicits - November 20, 2018
- Preview: Zoe Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez’ Goddess Mode - November 20, 2018
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018