The Directors Guild of America (DGA) announced their crop of 2018 nominees for outstanding directorial achievement this morning, and they’re different than the other award shows thus far. The Golden Globes notably didn’t nominate any women this year, nor did the BAFTAs, but the DGA has.
Lady Bird writer and director Greta Gerwig has been nominated for her film, which won the Globe for best comedy or musical and Saoirse Ronan for best lead actress in the same category. She wasn’t nominated in the director’s category for the Globes, nor for the BAFTAs, causing many to scratch their heads. This is her first DGA nomination.
Get Out director Jordan Peele has been nominated for two awards — for outstanding directorial achievements and for first-time director. Peele was also not nominated for a Globe or BAFTA.
The Shape of Water garnered another nomination for director Guillermo del Toro, who took home best director at the Golden Globes. This is his first DGA nomination, as well.
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri director Martin McDonagh has been nominated in the category as well, another first-time DGA nominee.
Christopher Nolan got his 4th nomination in the feature film category for his epic Dunkirk.
Finishing out the first time director category are Geremy Jasper for Patti Cake$, William Oldroyd for Lady Macbeth, Jordan Peele for Get Out, Taylor Sheridan for Wind River, and Aaron Sorkin for Molly’s Game.
The 70th Annual DGA Awards will be announced on Saturday, February 3rd at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.
- The 2018 BAFTA Complete Winners List
- Directors Guild Awards 2018 Full Winners List
- Things We Learned From The Christopher Nolan 4K Box Set Special Features- "Inception"
- WWE NXT Gets a Plethora of New Figures at Target Stores
- Transformers Autobot Ironhide is Coming to the Masterpiece Movie Line
- Star Wars Vintage Collectors Will Love This Ottoman From Walmart
- Luke Cage is the Latest Defender to get a Kotobukiya Statue
- Join Us Tonight For The 23rd Annual Critics Choice Awards Live Tweet
- Here's The 2018 BAFTA Nominations, And Joanna Lumley Is Hosting
- Tonight's Golden Globes Winner Roundup: Fox Searchlight Leads Studio Pack
- The 75th Annual Golden Globes Are Tonight, We'll Be Live Tweeting
- The Shape of Water Review: A Romantic Fairy Tale in a Research Lab
- Lady Bird Review: A Flawless Coming-Of-Age Story
- Dunkirk Review: A Masterpiece In Simple Elegance
- Bill Reviews 'Get Out': Making A Polite Smile Be Utterly Terrifying
- Disney Reportedly Standing Firm on Not Reinstating James Gunn - August 15, 2018
- ’47 Meters Down’ is Getting a Sequel Because… We’re Not Sure - August 15, 2018
- Sounds Like Dave Filoni Won’t Be as Involved in ‘Star Wars Resistance’ - August 15, 2018
- Dave Filoni Comments on Captain Rex ‘Star Wars: Return of the Jedi’ Fan Theories - August 15, 2018
- Everyone Loves David Harbour, Especially The Duffer Brothers - August 14, 2018