The CW has released the first scene from the upcoming new series Black Lightning. The scene takes place on a rainy night as Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) is pulled over by the police. With him in the car are his daughters Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Jennifer (China Anne McClain). There seems to be no reason why they’re pulled over when the police tell Jefferson to exit the vehicle.
The police cuff him and his daughters get upset. One tries to get out of the car, and a second officer kicks the door shut. Jefferson is cuffed and taken to the squad car, where he is shown to an older Asian woman who says Jefferson is not the man they’re looking for. He is then released and demands to know what was going on. As it turns out, there was a robbery nearby and Jefferson was pulled over because he’s black. The fact that he was in a suit driving a Volvo wagon wasn’t enough for the cops to realize they didn’t have the right guy. Jefferson’s anger starts to manifest in his powers, draining the power from the police car.
The series also stars Marvin “Krondon” Jones III as Tobias Whale, Jill Scott as Lady Eve, Chantal Thuy as Grace Choi, James Remar as Peter Gambi, and Damon Gupton as Inspector Henderson. The show comes from executive producers Greg Berlanti, Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil and Sarah Schechter is based on the DC Comic character created by artist Trevor Von Eeden and writer Tony Isabella in the pages of Black Lightning #1 (1977).
Black Lightning debuts January 16th at 9 p.m. on the CW.
- Man Shoots His Mother Over a Broken Headset While Gaming
- Terry Dodson Adds Original Art to the Bettie Page Statue Kickstarter - March 16, 2018
- Jake McDorman Joins the Cast of the Murphy Brown Revival - March 16, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Jefferson Finds a Secret He Didn’t Anticipate - March 16, 2018
- Flash Season 4: When Will Barry and Company Be Back? - March 16, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Curtis Gets a Boyfriend and Other News - March 16, 2018