Those of you who have been patiently waiting to find out when Overwatch will finally release Blizzard World and give you a fresh map to play on, Jeff Kaplan just stepped in and gave you an answer. The question was brought up in their forums this week, to which Kaplan responded with the text below.
Blizzard World and the new loot box items release early this year. Between you and me, I am hoping before the end of the month. But “stuff” can happen.
Loot boxes roll their items the moment you acquire them — meaning if you hold on to loot boxes, they will not have new items or any other changes to that system.
Glad you like the Doomfist skin. The artists will be happy.
If you’re not already aware, Blizzard World was revealed back at Blizzcon 2017 as the latest map for the game. It’ basically a theme park in the image of what would happen if Blizzard made their own version of Disneyland, and features rides and amusement park attractions themed around their many games they’ve made over the years. Now it’s just a matter of waiting to see if they’ll have skins to match with t-shirts and other gear for “visitors”.
- SuperGroupies Releasing Kingdom Hearts III Clothing Line - November 17, 2018
- THQ Nordic Releases a New Apocalyptic Trailer for Darksiders III - November 16, 2018
- Chucklefish Shows Off 15 Minutes of Eastward Footage - November 16, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Adds a New Free Zedhunter Update - November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen Will Offer a Free Week in Late November - November 16, 2018