All the Money in the World has been in the public eye a lot over the last few months, director Ridley Scott opting to recast and reshoot a main role after the messy Kevin Spacey allegations mere days before a final cut needed to be delivered. The 80-year-old Brit scoffed at the majority of “is this even possible,” comments, stating he only needed “two takes, one for the actor and one for me,” and accomplishing those reshoots in just under 9 days. Also included in those reshoots were Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams, and therein lies some fiscal discrepancies.
According to USA Today, who claim to exclusively know these things, Walhberg was paid a hefty $1.5 million for reshoots, while his co-star Williams… wasn’t. The site claims Williams was only paid $1,000. This also goes against previous reports that both actors had done the reshoots for ‘free’, which we’re assuming is that standard SAG AFTRA per diem level.
Pretty sizeable differential there, wouldn’t you say? Of course, the site buried the fact that in a previous interview (also with them) Williams said about the reshoots:
“I said I’d be wherever they needed me, whenever they needed me. And they could have my salary, they could have my holiday, whatever they wanted. Because I appreciated so much that they were making this massive effort.”
That sure sounds like she knowingly took the pay hit, and worked for the reported $80 SAG AFTRA standard per diem as required for active members.
That said, it’s also noted that Wahlberg’s agents are who negotiated the sum, and that Williams wasn’t informed.
The MOST interesting thing here (other than the reshoots in general) is the fact that both Williams and Wahlberg are both repped by the same agency, William Morris Endeavor.
USA Today ended their piece by saying reps for Wahlberg, Williams, WME, Sony, Imperative Entertainment and Scott were non responsive for requests for comments on this situation.
- Mark Wahlberg's Six Billion Dollar Man Film Needs A New Director
- Sir Ridley Scott Waxes Poetic About H.R. Giger, AMC's The Terror, and Thelma & Louise
- Michelle Williams Responds to Mark Wahlberg's $2 Million Time's Up Donation
- Freddy Krueger Becomes the First Talking Living Dead Doll from Mezco!
- Here's The 2018 BAFTA Nominations, And Joanna Lumley Is Hosting
- Ridley Scott May Be Directing 'The Merlin Saga' for Disney
- Sir Ridley Scott: "Blade Runner 2049 Bombed Because It Was Too Long"
- Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg reshot All the Money in the World For Free
- Ridley Scott Makes A Statement About Replacing Kevin Spacey
- Watch The Kevin Spacey-Less Trailer For All the Money in the World
- Kevin Spacey To Be Completely Removed From Ridley Scott's All The Money In The World
- Follow Along Live from the ‘Supernatural’ Hall H Panel At SDCC - July 22, 2018
- First Teaser for Season 3 of Amazon Studios’ ‘The Man In The High Castle’ - July 21, 2018
- First Look at Cosmos Season 2 Debuted During SDCC Panel - July 21, 2018
- 28 Photos from the Vikings San Diego Comic-Con Panel - July 20, 2018
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Getting Reboot, Joss Whedon Attached - July 20, 2018