We got some new information and some new images to go along with the third X-Men movie coming out this year: X-Men: The Dark Phoenix. The images come to us from IGN, and one of the big pieces of information that we learn is the name of Jessica Chastain‘s mysterious villain. At the moment she is known as “Smith”, which gives us almost nothing — but we do know that she is a shapeshifter. Is Fox bringing the Skrulls to the X-Men movies before Marvel can like they did with Quicksilver? Sounds like it, and the fact that they’re going to be owned by the same company makes the little pissing match more than a little funny.
Considering that we’ve barely seen any footage from The Untitled Deadpool Sequel, and that comes out in June, we’re likely months away from any sort of tease for this installment in the X-Men franchise. Maybe sometimes in the spring or the summer we’ll see if Fox can stick the landing for one of the most beloved comic book stories of all time.
Summary: Jean Grey begins to develop incredible powers that corrupt and turn it into a Dark Phoenix. Now the X-Men will have to decide if the life of a team member is worth more than all the people living in the world.
X-Men: Dark Phoenix, directed by Simon Kinberg, stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Sophie Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult. It will be released on November 2nd.
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018