We got some new information and some new images to go along with the third X-Men movie coming out this year: X-Men: The Dark Phoenix. The images come to us from IGN, and one of the big pieces of information that we learn is the name of Jessica Chastain‘s mysterious villain. At the moment she is known as “Smith”, which gives us almost nothing — but we do know that she is a shapeshifter. Is Fox bringing the Skrulls to the X-Men movies before Marvel can like they did with Quicksilver? Sounds like it, and the fact that they’re going to be owned by the same company makes the little pissing match more than a little funny.
Considering that we’ve barely seen any footage from The Untitled Deadpool Sequel, and that comes out in June, we’re likely months away from any sort of tease for this installment in the X-Men franchise. Maybe sometimes in the spring or the summer we’ll see if Fox can stick the landing for one of the most beloved comic book stories of all time.
Summary: Jean Grey begins to develop incredible powers that corrupt and turn it into a Dark Phoenix. Now the X-Men will have to decide if the life of a team member is worth more than all the people living in the world.
X-Men: Dark Phoenix, directed by Simon Kinberg, stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Sophie Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult. It will be released on November 2nd.
- Shane Black Talks About Why He Wanted to Direct The Predator - May 24, 2018
- Maleficent 2 Actor Ed Skrein Talks About the “Phenomenal Cast” - May 24, 2018
- David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Will Make “Star Wars On Acid” According to Emilia Clarke - May 24, 2018
- New Featurette for Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 24, 2018
- Idris Elba to Star, Direct and Produce The Hunchback of Notre Dame for Netflix - May 24, 2018