We got some new information and some new images to go along with the third X-Men movie coming out this year: X-Men: The Dark Phoenix. The images come to us from IGN, and one of the big pieces of information that we learn is the name of Jessica Chastain‘s mysterious villain. At the moment she is known as “Smith”, which gives us almost nothing — but we do know that she is a shapeshifter. Is Fox bringing the Skrulls to the X-Men movies before Marvel can like they did with Quicksilver? Sounds like it, and the fact that they’re going to be owned by the same company makes the little pissing match more than a little funny.
Considering that we’ve barely seen any footage from The Untitled Deadpool Sequel, and that comes out in June, we’re likely months away from any sort of tease for this installment in the X-Men franchise. Maybe sometimes in the spring or the summer we’ll see if Fox can stick the landing for one of the most beloved comic book stories of all time.
Summary: Jean Grey begins to develop incredible powers that corrupt and turn it into a Dark Phoenix. Now the X-Men will have to decide if the life of a team member is worth more than all the people living in the world.
X-Men: Dark Phoenix, directed by Simon Kinberg, stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Sophie Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult. It will be released on November 2nd.
- Common Addresses Whether or Not He’s Returning for John Wick: Parabellum - November 11, 2018
- Titans Season 1 Episode 6: Promo, Summary, Images, and a Robin Team-Up - November 11, 2018
- Overlord Review: A Bloody Good Time with Nazi Zombies - November 10, 2018
- Michelle Yeoh in Talks to Star in Her Own Star Trek Spinoff - November 9, 2018
- Iron Fist and Game of Thrones Actress Jessica Henwick Joins Godzilla vs. Kong - November 9, 2018