We probably won’t see The Winds of Winter, George R. R. Martin’s long-awaited penultimate chapter in the A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels, in 2018 (or 2019, or 2020, etc), but fans do have something to look forward to. The Royal Mail, which is the UK’s version of the Post Office, is issuing a set of Game of Thrones stamps that’s available for pre-order right now. The stamps are part of the Royal Mail’s efforts to curtail competition from message-delivering ravens.
On their website, the Royal Mail notes:
We’re celebrating Game of Thrones in an epic, new stamp collection.
Ten stamps feature characters from houses Stark, Targaryen, Lannister and Tyrell. And five more stamps on a Stamp Sheet feature characters such as The Night King and White Walkers, plus the coveted Iron Throne itself.
Like the show, they’re going to be popular. Some gifts and collectibles are limited to a run of 1,500 so pre‐order before 23 January.
Head over to the website to choose from various options, including a framed version, a prestige booklet version, a silver proof version, and plain old regular stamp versions that you can actually send mail with… if you live in the UK. Then again, we wouldn’t actually recommend it. These stamps can be notoriously murderous, and you wouldn’t want your wedding invitation to arrive at its destination with 37 stab wounds in the envelope.
If you live outside the UK, it looks like you can still order these, as long as you’re willing to convert dollars (or bitcoin) to pounds to figure out the pricing. The checkout page accepts, at least in the billing section, U.S. addresses. We weren’t about to actually put our credit card in to get further than that, though.
- You Could Win A Single Bitcoin For Beating This Game
- Zuckuss is the Newest Star Wars Bounty Hunter from Gentle Giant
- Iron Man Flies into the Mezco One:12 Collective Line
- HBO Confirms 2019 'Game Of Thrones' Release Date
- Goldberg Thinks Hulk Hogan Deserves a Chance to Be Given a Chance to Return to WWE - April 24, 2018
- Triple H Defends WWE’s Relationship with Saudi Arabia, Hopes Women Can Wrestle in Country in a Few Years - April 24, 2018
- Will Smith’s Genie is “a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude” - April 24, 2018
- Spoilers Revealed in New Avengers: Infinity War Clip at #CinemaCon2018 - April 24, 2018
- NATO President on Millennials Killing Movies: It’s a Complete Myth [#CinemaCon2018] - April 24, 2018