Have we reached peak internet? It might be getting a little close with the release of the movie adaption of Slender Man. The story, which originally started as a “Creepypasta” story, a section of microfiction and flashfiction stories mostly posted to message boards, took on a life of its own. It wasn’t that surprising that a film adaptation was in the works, but it probably seemed like a better idea before the idea of Slenderman took on real-life tragedies. That didn’t stop Sony from making the movie, and now we have a trailer and a poster.
The trailer itself looks more like a greatest hits list of creepy imagery rather than telling us anything about the story. The rumor, coming from Deadline, reads:
“[The] film is set in a small town in Massachusetts, where, says the logline, four high school girls perform a ritual in an attempt to debunk the lore of the title character. When one of the girls mysteriously goes missing, they begin to suspect that she is, in fact, his latest victim.”
Slender Man tells the story of a tall, thin horrifying figure with unnaturally long arms and a featureless face, who is reputed to be responsible for the haunting and disappearance of countless children and teens.
Slender Man, directed by Sylvain White, stars Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles, Jaz Sinclair, Annalise Basso and Javier Botet. It will be released on May 18th.
- San Diego Comic-Con Iron Fist Season 2 Panel Live-Blog - July 19, 2018
- First Teaser Trailer for Series 11 of Doctor Who Debuts at SDCC [VIDEO] - July 19, 2018
- At SDCC, Working Geek Moms Still Gotta Bring Home a Gift - July 19, 2018
- New Line Cinema Announces a 3rd Movie in the Annabelle Series at Scarediego - July 19, 2018
- First Look at Iron Fist Season 2 Confirmed for Tomorrow at SDCC - July 18, 2018