Overwatch Director Jeff Kaplan has said in a developer update that Hero 27 is going to be a very important one to the game.
Speaking in the video, the director makes mention of the next hero in the game, offering a few details on what to expect. Although Moira has only just been added to the game relatively recently, it’s surprising to hear the developers talking about the next hero already. In the video, Kaplan said the team is “well along the path” for Hero 27, who is in internal testing and importantly said they are “very needed”. This makes me think that we are probably looking at a tank or another support, with possibly even more weight towards ‘tank’.
Kaplan did reiterate, though, that the release date is less important than getting the character right.
Elsewhere in the video, there are promises of Year of the Dog event to celebrate the lunar new year, non-event skins, story content, Overwatch League skins, and the start of the league itself. Take a look here:
There has been a lot of noise about Hero 27 in the community, much quicker than I expected it. Kaplan hasn’t been shy talking about them, either, saying the hero may have already been teased in interviews. This gives me pause for thought, thinking we might actually be in store for them sooner rather than later. Don’t hold me to it, but the fact Blizzard is already openly talking about them is a good sign.
- Jordan "n0thing" Gilbert Panel Added to SXSW Gaming
- Twitch Signs a New Multi-Year Deal with the Overwatch League
- Detroit: Become Human is Getting a Demo Tomorrow - April 23, 2018
- God of War has Second Biggest Retail Game Release in the UK this Year - April 23, 2018
- PUBG’s Assault Rifles are Getting Nerfed and Level 3 Helmets are Seeing a Big Change - April 23, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Summer - April 23, 2018
- Platinum Games Wants Wonderful 101 on the Nintendo Switch - April 23, 2018