Need for Speed Payback is getting online free roam added at some point in 2018.
It caused a bit of a stir back in November when Need for Speed Payback launched without a free roam mode for online players. This meant that friends couldn’t mess around in the open world together, only able to do races with one another.
Thankfully, it’s now been announced that the feature is coming, although it is not certain when it will launch. It was revealed in a tweet on the official account, saying:
Online Free Roam coming 2018, Happy New Year from everyone at Need for Speed! 🎆 pic.twitter.com/Ht8cRsvQQA
— Need for Speed (@NeedforSpeed) January 1, 2018
While I didn’t get on with the game at all, messing around in the overworld with a few friends, causing all kinds of mischief sounds like it could be a good laugh. While its a shame it never launched with the game, at least we know it is on its way. It might be a reason to go back and squeeze a little extra fun out of the title.
- Monster Hunter: World’s Third Beta Is Under Way on PlayStation 4 - January 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII Was the Best-Selling Game of 2017, Says Analyst Group - January 19, 2018
- Stardew Valley Was the Most Downloaded Game on Nintendo Switch Last Year - January 19, 2018
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Gets New Release Date For PC - January 19, 2018
- Attack on Titan 2 Shows Off Trailers For Gameplay on Both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation Vita - January 19, 2018