Need for Speed Payback is getting online free roam added at some point in 2018.
It caused a bit of a stir back in November when Need for Speed Payback launched without a free roam mode for online players. This meant that friends couldn’t mess around in the open world together, only able to do races with one another.
Thankfully, it’s now been announced that the feature is coming, although it is not certain when it will launch. It was revealed in a tweet on the official account, saying:
Online Free Roam coming 2018, Happy New Year from everyone at Need for Speed! 🎆 pic.twitter.com/Ht8cRsvQQA
— Need for Speed (@NeedforSpeed) January 1, 2018
While I didn’t get on with the game at all, messing around in the overworld with a few friends, causing all kinds of mischief sounds like it could be a good laugh. While its a shame it never launched with the game, at least we know it is on its way. It might be a reason to go back and squeeze a little extra fun out of the title.
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is Coming to Nintendo Switch in June - April 24, 2018
- Overwatch’s Symmetra is Finally Being Moved Out of the Support Classification - April 24, 2018
- Detroit: Become Human is Getting a Demo Tomorrow - April 23, 2018
- God of War has Second Biggest Retail Game Release in the UK this Year - April 23, 2018
- PUBG’s Assault Rifles are Getting Nerfed and Level 3 Helmets are Seeing a Big Change - April 23, 2018