Need for Speed Payback is getting online free roam added at some point in 2018.
It caused a bit of a stir back in November when Need for Speed Payback launched without a free roam mode for online players. This meant that friends couldn’t mess around in the open world together, only able to do races with one another.
Thankfully, it’s now been announced that the feature is coming, although it is not certain when it will launch. It was revealed in a tweet on the official account, saying:
Online Free Roam coming 2018, Happy New Year from everyone at Need for Speed! 🎆 pic.twitter.com/Ht8cRsvQQA
— Need for Speed (@NeedforSpeed) January 1, 2018
While I didn’t get on with the game at all, messing around in the overworld with a few friends, causing all kinds of mischief sounds like it could be a good laugh. While its a shame it never launched with the game, at least we know it is on its way. It might be a reason to go back and squeeze a little extra fun out of the title.
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018