With the 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards less than a week away, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) and Dick Clark Productions are making sure viewers get as immersed in the experience as possible. While NBC is the network broadcasting the awards ceremony, social media is going to be the place to be for those pre-show, post-show and backstage moments; including Facebook, which beginning this year is now the official and exclusive live-streaming platform for the red-carpet show. Here’s a rundown on what social media fans can expect this Sunday:
● The HFPA Presents: Globes Red Carpet Live will live-stream exclusively on the Golden Globes Facebook page from 6:00-8:00 pm ET (3:00-5:00 pm PT). AJ Gibson, Jeannie Mai, Scott Mantz, and Laura Marano are slated to host; with 360-degree videos captured from the red carpet and throughout the pre-show distributed on the Golden Globes’ Facebook page.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Facebook and give viewers a front-row seat to the red carpet that can’t be found anywhere else. We hope to enhance the overall viewing experience so fans at home can feel they’re enjoying the show alongside their favorite stars at Hollywood’s biggest party of the year.” – Meher Tatna, HFPA President
● The HFPA will share exclusive content from both the red-carpet and backstage area on Facebook and the @goldenglobes account on Instagram.
● Actress/singer Laura Marano will host the Golden Globe’s @Instagram Story, which currently boasts a user total of over 229 million users.
“We always aim to create unique experiences which bring communities together, and partaking in the kickoff of award season in conjunction with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association is a demonstration of our commitment to bring fans together through entertainment they enjoy.”
– Sibyl Goldman, Facebook, Head of Entertainment Partnerships
● Red carpet media partners affiliated with the Golden Globes will use Facebook and Instagram Live to share photos, videos and moments live and as they happen.
● Winners and presenters will visit the official Instagram studio experience and be photographed by Ramona Rosales. Exclusive photo and video content will be posted to @GoldenGlobes on Instagram in real time with behind-the-scenes moments shared through Instagram Stories.
● The HFPA is incorporating a fan-driven Q&A area in the backstage press room, where select questions and answers streamed live on the Golden Globes Facebook page.
Hosted by late-night personality Seth Meyers, the 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards is set to broadcast on NBC on Sunday, January 7, from 8:00-11:00 pm ET (5:00-8:00 pm PT).