For Bleeding Cool’s Best VR Game of 2017, our three esteemed games judges were asked to weigh in on the year’s massive offering of VR titles to determine which was the absolute best Virtual Reality Game of the year. The results just might surprises you.
The nominees are:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Rez Infinite
- Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
- Doom VFR
- Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
- Star Trek: Bridge Crew
The judges’ scores were:
|Games||Madeline’s Score||Patrick’s Score||Gavin’s Score||Total|
|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR||6||4||5||15|
|Resident Evil VII||4||1||2||7|
|Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV||1||5||3||9|
|Star Trek: Bridge Crew||5||2||1||8|
Yes, the winner of Best VR Game of 2017 is Star Trek: Bridge Crew because inside every game is a Trekkie just waiting for the day they are summoned to the bridge of the USS Enterprise in a red shirt. Star Trek just might also be the origin of gaming’s infamous red vs blue paradigm. The world may never be sure. But what you can be sure of is the fact that BC’s Head Games Writer vastly disagrees with her colleagues on what makes a good VR game. Because how could you not love Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV?
So while she’s over in a corner petting photos of herself in PSVR gear hanging out with the Chocobros, you can enjoy the sweet vindication of knowing that Resident Evil VII and Star Trek: Bridge Crew were the clear winners of the Best VR category.
- StarCraft II is Adding a Paid Custom Map Marketplace - April 24, 2018
- ICYMI: Here’s What to Expect From Destiny 2’s Warmind Expansion - April 24, 2018
- Battlefield 1 to Stop Monthly Update Cycle This Summer - April 24, 2018
- Rumor: Fortnite Season 4 Might Start Next Week - April 24, 2018
- Review: God of War Repeats Too Many of the Series’ Misogynistic Mistakes - April 24, 2018