Ah, when you get one wrong, you have to fess up. And this was majorly wrong. All the signs pointed to it, the bookies’ favourite with five-figure bets being placed on him around the country, suddenly freeing himself up from a major filming commitment abroad and returning home and a British tabloid announcing it as news. But no. The real answer as to who the Thirteenth Doctor was would be far more interesting. If not ginger.
Last month, bookies suspended betting on the next Doctor Who, as a number of people placed very large bets on Kris Marshall, of My Family, Love Actually, BT ads, and Death In Paradise.
And while there have been plenty of other folk mentioned since, I’ve always learned to not argue with the bookies on such a thing.
Odds on Marshall’s first words as Doctor?
My money is on “At last, ginger!”
- Image Comics Launches Vindication in January From MD Marie, Carlos Miko and Dema Jr. - October 16, 2018
- The Weatherman #6 Gets a Cliff Chiang Cover in Time For Final Order Cut-Off - October 16, 2018
- Where In the World Has Poison Ivy Gone, DC Comics? - October 16, 2018
- Details for Amazing Comic Con Aloha’s Return to Honolulu in February - October 16, 2018
- Now the KGBeast Shoots Bruce as Mark Buckingham and Andrew Pepoy Surprise-Draw Tomorrow’s Batman #57 - October 16, 2018