Ah, when you get one wrong, you have to fess up. And this was majorly wrong. All the signs pointed to it, the bookies’ favourite with five-figure bets being placed on him around the country, suddenly freeing himself up from a major filming commitment abroad and returning home and a British tabloid announcing it as news. But no. The real answer as to who the Thirteenth Doctor was would be far more interesting. If not ginger.
Last month, bookies suspended betting on the next Doctor Who, as a number of people placed very large bets on Kris Marshall, of My Family, Love Actually, BT ads, and Death In Paradise.
And while there have been plenty of other folk mentioned since, I’ve always learned to not argue with the bookies on such a thing.
Odds on Marshall’s first words as Doctor?
My money is on “At last, ginger!”
- Alan Davis Joins Captain America #703 - April 26, 2018
- Which Back Issues are Getting the Avengers: Infinity War Effect – and Which Ones Might Be About To - April 26, 2018
- Many Armors of Iron Man Mini-Comic Given Away for Tony Stark: Iron Man Launch Party - April 26, 2018
- Why the Movie Thanos is More Chilling Than the Comic Book Thanos [Minor Spoilers] - April 26, 2018
- Almost All Marvel Comics Nominated for Eisners This Year Have Been Cancelled - April 26, 2018