Ah, when you get one wrong, you have to fess up. And this was majorly wrong. All the signs pointed to it, the bookies’ favourite with five-figure bets being placed on him around the country, suddenly freeing himself up from a major filming commitment abroad and returning home and a British tabloid announcing it as news. But no. The real answer as to who the Thirteenth Doctor was would be far more interesting. If not ginger.
Last month, bookies suspended betting on the next Doctor Who, as a number of people placed very large bets on Kris Marshall, of My Family, Love Actually, BT ads, and Death In Paradise.
And while there have been plenty of other folk mentioned since, I’ve always learned to not argue with the bookies on such a thing.
Odds on Marshall’s first words as Doctor?
My money is on “At last, ginger!”
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018