Beverly Hills cops are investigating the alleged theft of $300,000 from comics legend Stan Lee, according to a report from TMZ. Apparently, Lee’s business partners discovered the missing money and located a check for $300,000, written to Hands of Respect in October for a purported loan and featuring a signature that looks like Lee’s, which Lee and his people deny ever approving.
Launched in 2016, Stan Lee’s Hands of Respect is an organization dedicated to ending racism through a special pin created by Lee himself of two hands clasped together, one black and one white.
“This is an intensely personal project of mine,” said Lee in a press release announcing the project, “and it is my hope that the RESPECT pin spreads into the general culture and becomes a symbol that builds bridges in communications, encourages conversation and brings together and inspires us to RESPECT one another in dialogue and actions. The goal is to get a ‘Hands of Respect’ pin to every law enforcement officer and ultimately in the hands of every person, in our country. In the process, community members of all ages will get involved in the movement.”
“I have always included minority characters in my stories, often as heroes. We live in a diverse society – in fact, a diverse world, and we must learn to live in peace and with respect for each other,” Lee added. “As a believer in the inert goodness of man, I’m hoping that the RESPECT pin will serve to remind people that America is made of different races and different religions but we’re all co-travelers on the spaceship Earth and must respect and help each other along the way.”
Though the allegedly forged check was written to Hands of Respect, there’s no evidence right now that anyone involved with the organization had anything to do with whatever is going on here.
- X-Men, or X-Millennials? Plus: The Triumphant Return of Chris Claremont [X-ual Healing 12-5-18] - December 9, 2018
- Honey Badger Shuts Down Male Aggression in Next Week’s X-23 #7 - December 9, 2018
- Startling Facts About Fish Pee Revealed in Next Week’s Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #39 - December 9, 2018
- Proxima Midnight’s Tips for a Happy and Healthy Sex Life in Next Week’s Black Order #2 - December 9, 2018
- Mary Plans to Reboot the Bible in Next Week’s Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist - December 9, 2018