Knox County mayoral candidate Glenn Jacobs, better known to fans of pro wrestling as WWE Superstar Kane, has been spending a lot of time lately not discussing the issues at the heart of his campaign. A Libertarian endorsed by Senator Rand Paul, Kane ostensibly an enemy of big government and high taxes, and has mentioned education and the opioid epidemic as issues that concern him.
However, rather than address those issues over the past several months, Kane has been fixated on Braun Strowman, a fellow WWE wrestler whose enormous size and penchant for violence positions him as a replacement for Kane in the “monster” genre of pro wrestler. Kane has wrestled Strowman in multiple matches, even at one point shoving him into the back of a garbage truck and turning on the compactor, an act which would easily be the worst thing a politician did in 2017 if Trump weren’t the president.
But in an interview with Newsweek Wednesday, Kane did the most shocking thing of all — and no, he didn’t electrify anyone’s testicles, even though that is something he has been known to do. Kane actually spent a whole minute talking about his political campaign.
“I think what’s happened now is that people are tired of politicians,” Kane said in between talking about WWE and his upcoming match against Strowman and Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship. “They’re tired of people saying one thing when they’re campaigning and something else when they actually take the job.”
So by that matter, can we expect Kane, if elected, to “delight in pain and horror” and commit horrifying acts of violence against Strowman? Because honestly, that seems to be all he’s been talking about.”
“The politician is your best friend — he always wants to be there when he’s asking for your vote,” Kane continued. “But then, often, he doesn’t have time for you when he gets into office. To me, it’s the opposite. They should listen to you more when they’re actually in office.”
It looks like Kane is aiming to be the people’s mayor — is he trying to steal the gimmick of fellow WWE Superstar and politician Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson?
- Kane Wins Semi-Final Match in Knox County Mayoral Tournament
- Mayoral Candidate Kane Survives Brutal Attack by Braun Strowman on WWE Raw
- WWE Superstar Kane on Royal Rumble Title Feud: "This May Be the Last One"
- In Holiday Message, Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Demands Constituents Buy WWE Video Game
- Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs to Face Braun Strowman for Shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs: "I Delight in Pain. I Delight in Horror."
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Flip-Flops On Braun Strowman, Endorses Jinder Mahal
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Takes More Time Off Campaign To Assault Braun Strowman
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Reflects On "Sick And Depraved" Acts
- After Surviving 8 Days In Back Of Garbage Truck, Braun Strowman Returns To WWE Raw Seeking Revenge
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Assaults Retired Man With Brain Injury On WWE Raw
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Kane Commits Murder On Camera At WWE TLC Event
- Senator Rand Paul Endorses Kane For Mayor Of Knox County, Tennessee
- Post-Apocalyptic New Costumes for Spider-Woman, Hazmat, and Echo in Captain Marvel #2 - November 21, 2018
- Now Valiant Makes a Blacklight Glass Variant for Livewire #1 - November 21, 2018
- New OGN Grand Abyss Hotel Explores Rebellion in a World Overrun by Big Business and Fake News - November 21, 2018
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018