A new website is set to launch giving the followers of the religion of the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League a place to congregate and worship. The website, ForSnyderCut.org, features a photo of Snyder and a countdown, which is set to reach zero on New Years Day. ComicBook.com discovered the Snyder Cut site on Tuesday.
Demand for a Zack Snyder cut started when Justice League was released and immediately underperformed at the box office, leaving many fans to blame Warner Bros. and alleged fake feminist Joss Whedon for sullying Snyder’s pristine vision for the end of his DCEU movie trilogy. Snyder left the production before it was finished due to a family tragedy, and Whedon was brought in to finish the movie, supposedly while staying true to Snyder’s ideas. However, reports later revealed that Warner Bros. executives wanted to oust Snyder even earlier, viewing the financial performance of Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice as unsatisfactory, and DC Film exec Jon Berg paid the ultimate price for bringing Snyder back for Justice League. Many viewers felt that the lighter tone and snappy dialog like “Booyah!” replaced more serious Snyder scenes, to the movie’s detriment.
In response to all of this, plus a cabal of film critics and entertainment journalists giving the movie, and the DCEU in general aside from the universally beloved Wonder Woman, bad press and worse reviews, hardcore Zack Snyder DCEU fans started a petition on Change.org calling for Warner Bros. to release a Zack Snyder cut of the film. Unfortunately, it is believed that Warner Bros. does not have finished special effects on cut Snyder scenes, making such a release unlikely, and in addition Bleeding Cool previously determined that the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League has been inside of us all along.
But none of that has stopped the True Snyder Fans, of which more than 160,000 have signed the petition, though it’s been speculated that many of the signatures — no one really knows how many — are fake. And now, Snyder Cut Enthusiasts are stepping up the fight to convince Warner Bros. to deliver the Snyder Cut that was promised. We’ll be watching the countdown anxiously and will report back when the site opens.
- Website Finally Launches Outlining Plan to Turn Dream of Justice League Snyder Cut into Reality
- DC-Loving Long Beach Mayor Says The Phantom Menace Was Better Than The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Nears $600 Million Worldwide as Controversy and Box Office Success Continue
- So, About Those Black Suit Superman Scenes in Justice League...
- Report: Justice League Failure Prompts DC Films Shakeup as Jon Berg Steps Down
- The Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League Was Inside of Us All Along [Opinion]
- Rumor: Warner Bros Considering Joss Whedon Extended Cut of Justice League
- Competing Fan Petition Demands All Joss Whedon Cut of Justice League