Thanks for joining us for our fourth edition of Happy Trails!, Bleeding Cool’s live-blog of Syfy‘s Happy! and tonight’s second episode, ‘Year of the Horse.”
At the end of last week’s episode, Christopher Meloni‘s Nick Sax went twelve rounds with Very Bad Santa (Joseph Reitman)… and it did not go well for Sax, to say the least. Thankfully, he’s got his bright blue imaginary friend Happy (Patton Oswalt) to come to th-sorry, never mind! So now it looks like Sax has his hands full tracking down a psycho Santa who has his stomach full (!!!), as we charge into this week’s episode.
Less of a “formal review” and more of a “revap”-type (review/recap) thing, we’re covering the nitty and the gritty of the episode, along with some of my thoughts on what worked and what should’ve be left untouched by human hands. If you’re not familiar with the comic book series, then you should definitely keep that in mind as you keep reading or watching. If you know what’s coming, then spoilers probably aren’t going to be a big deal for you; but there may be some discussion (translation: rants) of either subtle changes or drastic differences that you might want to avoid until you see them for yourself.
HAPPY! is based on New York Times best-selling author Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name. The series follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni, Law & Order: SVU) – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named Happy (Patton Oswalt).
● This page should update…but just to be on the safe side I strongly suggest you refresh every now and then to make sure because I’ve been known to ramble often and quickly.
● If you’re going to social media to talk about what we’re talking about, go with: #bclive and #liveblog.
● Don’t forget to check out some of the cool Happy! stuff we have waiting for you below.
● So that’s it! Check-back here for some interesting stuff…our “pre-game” starts at 9:00 pm ET, with “The Big Show” starting at 10:00 pm EST!
Get caught up on last week’s third episode with our recap of ‘When Christmas was Christmas’ here:
Here’s a look back at the disturbing “Christmas dinner” scene between Very Bad Santa and Hailey (Bryce Lorenzo) from last week’s episode:
The Weekly Static was lucky enough to grab a few minutes with Patrick Fischler, Happy!’s resident sociopath, mob enforcer and man who enjoys interrogating people a little too much: Smoothie…
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: A Midwinter’s Tale: Holiday Episode Images Released - November 13, 2018
- Rhythm & Flow: Cardi B, Chance the Rapper, and T.I. to Judge Netflix Hip-Hop Music Comp Series - November 13, 2018
- Roswell, New Mexico: CW Releases New Synopsis, Character Images for Sci-Fi Reboot - November 13, 2018
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: It’s a Cersei/Cena Smackdown! (PREVIEW) - November 13, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse’s Kathy Bates on Season Finale, Not Praying to Satan, BFF Joan Collins, and More - November 13, 2018