I remember seeing trailers for this series, but it slipped under my radar because I didn’t get a feel for what it was about. But now that a lot of the main shows I cover are on hiatus, I got to look at TNT’s new series Claws. TNT has ordered a second season to air in 2018 and TVLine is reporting that Franka Potente will be joining the cast. She will be playing Zlata Ostrovsky, a recently reformed, former black sheep daughter of a Russian mob family that’s set up in Florida.
Potente busted on the scene in the 1998 film Run Lola Run and The Bourne Identity, but has been doing quite a bit of television over the last few years including recurring roles on American Horror Story, Copper, The Bridge, Dark Matter, and Taboo.
The series follows Desna (Niecy Nash) who is part owner of nail salon with her three best friends. She and her crew also traffic drugs for a local gang through the shop. Desi is dating one of the main dealers, Roller. Things get complicated during the first season when a new ‘associate’ is introduced and Roller doesn’t come through with Desi’s cut from the drugs.
Claws also stars Carrie Preston, Judy Reyes, Karrueche Tran and Jenn Lyon.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018