Do we need any more evidence that Marvel is planning a Daredevil reboot than the original Daredevil and Elektra reuniting for the holidays?
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner split up in 2015 and filed for divorce in 2017. Since the split, Affleck and Garner have been famously amicable co-parents of their three children, and a report from People Magazine claims that the Justice League actor and the The Tribes of Palos Verdes actor spent the holidays together this year as well. The pair spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas together in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, the report also notes that Affleck spends his time in New York City with his girlfriend, Saturday Night Live producer Lindsay Shookas.
Affleck’s indecisiveness about continuing to play Batman in the DCEU movies, coupled with Justice League‘s underperformance, prompted us to suggest he head back to the Daredevil role.
Affleck started off 2017 with a series of comments hinting that he wanted to get out of the role, and spent the year backing slowly away from it. Affleck dropped out as director, then writer, of standalone Batfleck Batflick, The Batman, and rumors all year have claimed Warner Bros. is looking for a graceful way to replace him in the beleaguered superhero movie franchise. But recently, Affleck expressed a new desire to direct a Batman movie, and reportedly had fun filming Justice League and might want to stick around.
Maybe Affleck could move on from the role, but still film Batman movies and chill with Garner only on national holidays? It would be like the classic Christmas movie Holiday Inn, except without the delightful singing and dancing but also thankfully without the antiquated casual racism… though the word “booyah” could potentially be tossed around.
- Rosenberg, Larroca, and Cyclops Devastate the Uncanny X-Men in February - November 15, 2018
- WWE Cancels Wrestlemania… Ticket On-Sale Party - November 14, 2018
- Paige Biopic Fighting With My Family Gets a Trailer, New Release Date - November 14, 2018
- Get in the Holiday Spirit with a First Look at Klaus and the Crying Snowman - November 14, 2018
- Top Cow is Selling a Sci-Fi & Sex Humble Bundle to Benefit California Wildfire Victims - November 14, 2018