FX has released a new video featurette for their upcoming second season of American Crime Story, which focuses on the assassination of Gianni Versace. The series stars Darren Criss as serial killer Andrew Cunanan and Edgar Ramirez as Versace. It also stars Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace and singer Ricky Martin as Versace’s partner, Antonio D’Amico. The series premiere will be directed by Ryan Murphy (American Horror Story) and written by Tom Rob Smith. Matt Bomer (White Collar) will be making his directorial debut as well.
The new season follows the murder of fashion designer Versace and the manhunt for serial murderer Cunanan, who killed Versace on the front steps of his Miami Beach home. The media frenzy surrounding the murder created a climate of fear, anger, and mistrust throughout the Miami, Florida area for the next eight days. Cunanan eventually committed suicide and his body was discovered on a house boat eight days later.
The featurette shows the different actors talking about the character and the environment that was created from the murder. The series is coming off the celebrated first season, The People vs O.J. Simpson, which starred Cuba Gooding Jr., Sarah Paulson, Courtney B. Vance, and John Travolta.
American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace is set to premiere on FX on January 17th, 2018.
- Ryan Murphy Talks Darren Criss, 'Versace' Finale, and What's Next
- Darren Criss Was the Perfect Choice for 'ACS: Versace' Killer
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018