Nippon Ichi Software recently updated fans on some of the games they’re working on whihc includes Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain and Yomawari. Talk on a new Disgaea development is also on its way. This announcement comes from a reporty by Ryokutya2089 (and translated by Siliconera)
During the recent talk, Nippon Ichi stated that they’re planning new titles for both the Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain and Yomawari series, and that they’ll plan to continue developing those titles as “promising rookies.” In addition, Nippon Ichi is also considering new entries for past titles. We know that a new Disgaea is coming, but the company is holding their development updates on that until next year. Disgaea is one of the company’s longest running franchises as the first game, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, was originally released in January of 2003 for the PS3.
Which other older series are getting sequels haven’t been indicated yet, but we do know that Nippon Ichi will be announcing a new project at the start of the new year and it just might be a 25th anniversary project.
But we doubt it’s going to be a Jigsaw game. More likely, it’ll be a 25th anniversary project for the company, rather than the specific game franchise. Which could mean anything from a retro-classic collection to a brand new project. We’ll keep you updated as these announcements develop.
- Nippon Ichi Software Not Unlocking Rewards After Contest Fail
- Nippon Ichi Software Releases New Trailer for Lapis x Labyrinth
- Yomawari: The Long Night Collection Gets a New Nintendo Switch Trailer
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk Receives a New English Trailer
- NIS America Introduces Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk Cast
- Disgaea 1 Complete Gets a Western Release for Switch and PS4
- That 64GB Nintendo Switch You're Hoping For? Not Until 2019
- You Can Pre-Register for Makai Wars and Watch a New Trailer