Ridley Scott, widely known as the “bad boy” of science fiction movie direction, is far too much of a dangerous, sexy bad boy to direct a Star Wars flick. Just ask him!
Scott was speaking with bird-themed pop culture website Vulture, where he mainly talked about why Blade Runner 2049 bombed at the box office. But he was also asked whether he has ever been offered the chance to direct a Star Wars film, and in response, we imagine Scott took a long, cool drag of his cigarette, flipped his hair back, and popped the collar on his leather jacket before replying: “No, no. I’m too dangerous for that.”
Just what makes Scott too dangerous to direct a Star Wars film, other than being a rulebreaking maverick with a heart of gold and a penchant for mischief?
“Because I know what I’m doing,” Scott replied, as we all swooned. “I think they like to be in control, and I like to be in control myself.”
“When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever,” Scott continued, emphasizing how dangerous he is by saying a naughty word. “It’s fuckin’ stupid. You know what the reshoots cost?”
Yeah, it’s probably for the best. Lucasfilm definitely couldn’t handle Ridley Scott. We mean, who could?
Also, he’d probably want to take all the aliens out of it.
- Sir Ridley Scott Waxes Poetic About H.R. Giger, AMC's The Terror, and Thelma & Louise
- Ridley Scott Says There Is Another 'Blade Runner' Story To Be Told
- Ridley Scott May Be Directing 'The Merlin Saga' for Disney
- Is Next Week’s Weapon X #26, Hell is a Free Market Healthcare System - November 16, 2018
- A Storm is Coming in Next Week’s Shuri #2 - November 16, 2018
- Does Quentin Quire Have 2nd Thoughts About Saving Jubilee? Next Week’s West Coast Avengers #4 - November 16, 2018
- Wait, There’s Another Crimson Gem of Cyttorak Now? Next Week’s Doctor Strange #8 - November 16, 2018
- The Role of American Xenophobia in Next Week’s Infinity Wars: Ghost Panther #1 - November 16, 2018