With the year coming to an end, it seemed like a good time to share some of the best moments from television. This one came from the Crisis on Earth-X crossover and technically took place on the Flash, but it really was just one big four hour event. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) has been weakened by the light of a red sun. Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh) is about to cut her open and transplant her healthy heart into Overgirl as Dark Arrow (Stephen Amell), Iris West (Candice Patton), and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) watch on. But the true star here is the Atom.
Thawne’s scalpel is stopped by the Atom (Brandon Routh) who pushes it back as he says, “Mitts of Mengele”. He then proceeds to take out the Reverse-Flash, Green Arrow’s doppelganger and a Nazi soldier, saving the day. And as they are trying to escape, he shows off his new ability to enlarge a portion of his body. This is one of the best action scenes the Atom has had in a while. Because of the humorous nature of Legends of Tomorrow, Ray Palmer gets downplayed a lot, often looking goofy and bumbling in his fights. But the suit is a high-tech wonder and it was nice to see him kicking butt.
Here’s hoping he gets more of these kinds of scenes in 2018.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018