The Marvel Value Stamp was a ’70s promotion, revived for the recent Marvel Legacy not-a-relaunch from Marvel Comics. The idea was that people could collect stamps from all the Marvel Legacy not-a-launch titles, stick them in specially-issued Marvel Value Stamps albums, and win loyalty points from Marvel. They also weren’t on the lenticular variant covers, so it was also a reward for paying full $3.99 whack for the non-lenticular versions.
But it appears that disaster has struck! Even though each issue Marvel Legacy launch issue was meant to have a distinct and different Marvel Value Stamp to collect, it seems that the Marvel Value Stamp in Squirrel Girl #27, as seen below…
Was the exact same one that appeared in this week’s Marvel Two-in-One…
Calamity! Disaster! The end of the collection scheme as we know it!
We look forward to Marvel Comics making reparations at the appropriate juncture.
- The Daily LITG, 16th December 2018 – Happy Birthday, Tom Spurgeon - December 16, 2018
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018