Bleeding Cool’s coverage of Knox County Mayoral candidate Glenn Jacobs and his bizarre behavior has been, dare we say, the most extensive coverage of the Knox County Mayoral election on any major news outlet. But for voters in Knox County who may have trouble reconciling Jacobs, a conscientious Libertarian endorsed by Senator Rand Paul, and his recent speeches reflecting on “sick and depraved acts” and declaring, “I delight in pain. I delight in horror,” the answer may lie in Jacobs’s other career aspirations. As WWE wrestler Kane, the 50-year-old Jacobs is currently competing for what could be his last opportunity at the WWE title.
In a recent interview with the New York Post, Jacobs revealed that one of the reasons he has been committing unspeakable acts against opponents is that this could be his last shot at the big time.
“I have to take advantage of everyone that comes along,” said Jacobs, perhaps referring to a recent incident when he stuffed a man into the back of a garbage truck and turned on the compactor, or the time that he assaulted a retired man with a brain injury in a dark room. “This might be the last one. I don’t know. I certainly think the match at Royal Rumble is going to be special for me.”
Wrestlers seeking political office isn’t as strange as one might think. Former WWE Superstar Jesse “The Body” Ventura was the governor of Minnesota from 1999 to 2003 before defecting to become a Russia Today broadcaster after receiving personal assurances from Vladimir Putin. And, of course, President Donald Trump himself has a multi-decade association with pro wrestling and even participated in the main event of WrestleMania 23.
So it’s not surprising that Jacobs views his wrestling heritage as a positive in his political campaign.
“It’s sort of cool because your sort of entrenched political class is going to think that, oh, he’s a wrestler and that’s going against him. It doesn’t. It actually works for me because you know people think that’s cool, but people know who I am too and the things that I have been doing in the community for years,” Jacobs told the Post. Plus, if his opponents start to gain ground against him, Jacobs has shown in the past that he isn’t above electrocuting an opponent’s testicles.
Still, it may be time for Jacobs to hang up his creepy mask and wig.
“I’ve been in WWE for 22 years, and that’s a long time, and I still think I perform at a high level,” Jacobs said. “But nevertheless, it’s a long time, and I know I don’t have many opportunities like this left.”
He might as well make the most of them. Jacobs faces Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble in January for the WWE title, a precursor to Spring’s three way dance for the Republican nomination in the Knox County mayoral race.
- Kane Wins Semi-Final Match in Knox County Mayoral Tournament
- Mayoral Candidate Kane Survives Brutal Attack by Braun Strowman on WWE Raw
- In Holiday Message, Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Demands Constituents Buy WWE Video Game
- Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs to Face Braun Strowman for Shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs: "I Delight in Pain. I Delight in Horror."
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Flip-Flops On Braun Strowman, Endorses Jinder Mahal
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Takes More Time Off Campaign To Assault Braun Strowman
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Reflects On "Sick And Depraved" Acts
- After Surviving 8 Days In Back Of Garbage Truck, Braun Strowman Returns To WWE Raw Seeking Revenge
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Assaults Retired Man With Brain Injury On WWE Raw
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Kane Commits Murder On Camera At WWE TLC Event
- Senator Rand Paul Endorses Kane For Mayor Of Knox County, Tennessee
- Long-Awaited Sequel How to Paint Characters the Marvel Studios Way to Hit Stores in April 2019 - August 16, 2018
- Ninja-K #11 Preview is Perfect Jumping-on Point for Jumping-on Point of Ninja-K #11 - August 16, 2018
- Image Unveils Weatherman #4 Variant by Bengal - August 16, 2018
- Archie Revisits His Roots as Riverdale Goes to War in Archie ’41 Preview - August 16, 2018
- Lightstep: Dark Horse to Publish Miloš Slavković’s Space Opera in November - August 16, 2018