If you are current with the Hulu original series, Marvel’s Runaways… then you know that one of the kids may be gone. If you aren’t caught up… go watch the show then come back.
The character of Molly Hernandez (Allegra Acosta) returns home in episode seven to discover her parents packing up her room. Gert convinces her that she needed to go, which has left fans wondering how long she will be gone or even if we’ll see her again. This was the question that EW.com posed to series co-creator and executive producer Josh Schwartz, who told them:
Nope, that’s the end of Molly, you’ll never see Molly again. It was a hell of a run with Allegra, we wish her the best.
He was, of course, kidding. According to the EP, we will see Molly again, but her temporary removal works as a warning to how serious things are to the others:
It’ll make the threat very real to the rest of the Runaways. They’re going to know that Molly gets sent off in the middle of the night, that the pressure is mounting, tensions are rising and the noose is tightening.
Molly is one of the characters that the series changed quite a bit. The first change was her surname from Hayes in the comics to Hernandez in the series. They’ve also made her adopted and are avoiding the word mutant. She’s just a girl with superpowers. Her comic book counterpart is a second generation mutant, something that might be able to come back if the Disney/Fox buyout goes through and the MCU can start using the term “mutant” again.
- Supergirl Season 3: 14 Photos From the ‘Darkside of the Moon’ - May 22, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Buzz Building Over 2 New Characters - May 22, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside The Suit Trade Paperback from Dennis Calero - May 22, 2018
- Syfy Releases Video to Hype Krypton’s Second Season Renewal - May 22, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: How to Defeat The Thinker Without Him Knowing - May 22, 2018