Hopefully you’ve seen the delightful vampiric mockumentary comedy What We Do in the Shadows by now. If you haven’t, you probably should, as Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok, Hunt For The Wilderpeople) and Jemaine Clement (Flight Of The Conchords, Legion) created a pretty fabulous film that is getting two sequels.
One, a film, called We’re Wolves, will be about the rival group of supernatural beings running around in Wellington, NZ during WWDITS. Theoretically we’ll see some of the same werewolves-not-swearwolves introduced in the vampire-centric film, perhaps their own take on the events in the park that night, lead by Anton (Rhys Darby).
The second spinoff will be a TV series, called Wellington Paranormal. In a recent interview with STUFF, Clement talked a little bit about what the show will entail:
Set to air on New Zealand’s TVNZ in mid 2018, the show will consist of six 30-minute episodes. Police unit members Mike Minogue and Karen O’Leary (who we met in WWDITS, the two cops who get glamored to not see the blood and dead body) will hunt ghosts, werewolves, and demonic possessions in Wellington.
Producer Paul Yates said the series will be a little more X-Files-inspired, but with some familiar supernatural characters and personalities making appearances:
We had an incident with some zombies which got pretty tense there. So luckily they’re taken care of. A couple of crew members were turned into zombies — I think. It’s hard to tell sometimes. Also, some very worrying things have happened in Lower Hutt as well. There was a party in Khandallah that got a bit out of hand, too, with some undead member of the Wellington public.
No telling when we’ll be getting We’re Wolves, but Wellington Paranormal is hitting NZ in mid 2018.
- Taika Waititi Shares First Look at 'Wellington Paranormal' TV Series
- Taika Waititi Shares Image from Set of Jojo Rabbit, Calls it "Finite War"
- 'What We Do in the Shadows' TV Series Casts Doug Jones, 3 Others for FX Pilot
- Kathleen Kennedy Talks Taika Waititi Directing a Star Wars Film
- Legion Season 2: Saïd Taghmaoui Has Exited The Series
- Thor: Ragnarok - New Pieces Of Concept Art Shows Off A Very Different Costume For Loki
- Jemaine Clement Scares Little Kids To Promote Rio 2
- Yes Really: ‘The Last Sharknado’ May Be The Best Sharknado - August 19, 2018
- Best Evan Rachel Wood Reaction Moment Comes While Playing Heads Up! - August 19, 2018
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Shares 4 BTS Photos For World Photography Day - August 19, 2018
- ‘Shades of Blue’ is Ending, but Ray Liotta Doesn’t Want it to - August 19, 2018
- What Does Ron D. Moore Think About ‘Star Trek’ Fatigue? - August 19, 2018