Riverdale’s showrunner and executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa has teased fans on social media with the first concept art for the upcoming Netflix series based on the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comic series. It’s a series that Aguirre-Sacasa writes for Archie Comics that takes the once light-hearted teenaged character into a macabre setting full of demonic imagery. The comic includes cannibalism, animal sacrifices, Satan worshiping, and disemboweling. The image below shows Sabrina making her way through a darkened forest.
Aguirre-Sacasa said in his post, “First concept art for #sabrina is coming in and looks FANTASTIC & chilling. Thrilled to be working with @Malicebot.” Malicebot is production designer Lisa Soper.
The image, only a preliminary, does maintain the feel of the comic art by Robert Hack. His art was crucial to setting the tone and feel of the series. The series was originally being developed as a companion to Riverdale on the CW, but earlier this month the series was announced as being with Netflix with a two-season, 20-episode straight-to-series order. Aguirre-Sacasa is on board to write and executive produce the untitled Sabrina project while Lee Toland Krieger has been tapped to producer and EP. Also serving as EPs are Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Archie Comics’ Jon Goldwater.
— RobertoAguirreSacasa (@WriterRAS) December 22, 2017
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018