Have you ever wanted to see Jason Statham star in a movie with a giant shark? Sounds like we’re getting our wish this summer. The Meg comes out late this coming summer and Empire has a first look.
As The Stath quite rightly puts it, “who doesn’t want to watch a film about the biggest shark that’s ever existed?”
The Meg refers to the Megalodon a form of prehistoirc shark that is supposed to be extinct. These sharks were huge and could grow to the size of 70 feet.
“I play a former navy captain and diver,” Statham tells Empire, “and I get hired to rescue a team of scientists who are trapped at the bottom of the sea in their research station by a giant shark. Then all hell breaks loose.”
The movie seems to be working under the impression that we really don’t know what’s going on in the deep ocean. There are some crazy things down there and human beings have zero business being down there.
“Think of it as a blind alley of evolution,” he tells Empire. “Our fish found a haven in the unexplored ocean, and has only just been disturbed after all this time.”
After escaping an attack by what he claims was by a 70-foot shark, Jonas Taylor must confront his fears to save those trapped in a sunken submersible.
The Meg, directed by Jon Turteltaub, stars Jason Statham, Ruby Rose, Robert Taylor, Rainn Wilson, and Jessica McNamee. It will be released on August 10, 2018.
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018