Bungie looks like they’re about to find out what life at EA is like right now, as hundreds of fans have started flooding their forums with outrage over the Eververse addition. Below is a picture we took of their forums just minutes ago, showing their primary forums for Destiny 2 are wall-to-wall comments about removing Eververse, calling for boycotts and demanding the system be removed. As of this post, their outrage currently covers nearly 30 pages worth of complaint posts.
The short version for those of you not playing Destiny 2 is that the Eververse is their microtransactions portal. In any other game, this might not seem like a big deal as this kind of content is frequent. However, a good portion of that content in their “shop” can only be obtained through real-world money purchases, and cannot be earned or bought with in-game currency. In short: Bungie wants your money and nothing else but your money for some of the most sought-after items.
How do you feel about this situation? Is Bungie justified in making certain items money-purchases only, or is this just the next step in player corruption with the whole microtransaction system?
- Changes Are Abound for Destiny 2, According to the Game's Director
- The Biggest Last-Minute Holiday Game Sales Include Cuphead, Hollowknight, Final Fantasy, and Hellblade
- Call of Duty: WWII and Destiny 2 are the Top-Selling Games of 2017 in North America
- Bungie Explains Destiny 2's Three of Coins
- You Can Now Read The Destiny 2 Comic "Fall Of Osiris"
- Could We Get an Exclusive Star Wars Comic Featuring Rey in This Month's Loot Crate?
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018