2018 will be the 50th anniversary of one of the greatest bands in the history of music, Led Zeppelin. This is not open to debate — Zepp has continued to be one of the most influential bands out of the rock revolution of the early ’70s.
Yes, they may have borrowed heavily from the influx of American rhythm and blues musicians, but the combined magic of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and John “Bonzo” Bonham was something out of this world that continues to be unmatched.
Guitarist and rock god Jimmy Page said in a recent interview from October with the Academy of Achievement that new, previously unreleased Led Zeppelin material would be released in 2018, the band’s 50th anniversary.
“There’ll be Led Zeppelin product coming out, for sure, that people haven’t heard, because I’m working on that. Next year will be the 50th year, so there’s all manner of surprises coming out.”
There was already talk about such a thing, when Blabbermouth reported that studio engineer John Davis (who worked with Page on the Led Zeppelin discography remasters released in 2017) revealed in a deleted Facebook post that he was “mostly mastering LED ZEPPELIN” on the day that the post was made, which obviously was after the release of the material from this year.
It remains unseen if this project Davis posted about was this unreleased material collection, but the timing sure lends to that idea.
We’ll keep you updated when more information is known about this release. ‘Til then, let’s go watch Song Remains The Same (and also It Might Get Loud) for the eight millionth time.
- New Ready Player One Trailer Is a Basket of Easter Eggs for Fans
- Outlander Season 3, Episode 9 Has New Music And Opening Images
- Happy Death Day Review: One Of The Better Time Loopers
- Depeche Mode Is Freaking Awesome, Global Spirit Tour
- Hans Zimmer Live, The Composer's Orchestral Rock Concert
- 'Score' Is A Documentary For The OST Nerd In All Of Us
- Fox-Owned Marvel Characters Will Not Appear in MCU til Long After Fox Deal Is Done, Kevin Feige Says - April 23, 2018
- Report Claims Disney Looking at Brie Larson for ‘Snow White’ Spinoff, ‘Rose Red’ - April 23, 2018
- Stranger Things Season 3 Has Begun Filming, Millie Bobby Brown Posts - April 23, 2018
- Netflix Orders ‘Fast & Furious’ Animated Series from DreamWorks - April 23, 2018
- Withholding ‘Avengers 4’ Title Backfired, Kevin Feige Says - April 23, 2018