Kersplatt Comics and Collectibles of Cairns City in Australia is the latest comic book store to close. In a post to customers, they stated:
Despite the incredible support and loyalty of our amazing friends and customers, the downturn in retail, increased competition and my own ongoing heath issues this year have finally all culminated to the point that, by the end of December, KERSPLATT! Comics and Collectables will be forever closing it’s doors.
Owner Malcolm Semmens told the local press that he opened his store six years ago when his girlfriend couldn’t buy any Buffy comic books where they lived — and neither could anyone else.
But that the last 12 months had been tough, and so the store is closing. And in typical fashion, everything must go…
As is common these days, the store will close at the end of the year. And their shop fittings are also for sale.
Bleeding Cool covers the closing – and opening – of comic book stores. We’re more likely to discover the former rather than the latter, as the result of an active fanbase, so please let us know when a new store in your neighbourhood is opening as well as closing – email@example.com
- Separated at Bath: Rob Liefeld and the New Domino Annual - July 22, 2018
- How Many Times Can Marvel Exclusively Give Away the Same Exclusive Variant Cover at San Diego Comic-Con? - July 22, 2018
- Marvel True Believers Panel Previews Squirrel Girl, Marvel Rising, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Domino, Runaways, and Many More - July 22, 2018
- A Look Inside the Increasingly Late Mister Miracle at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- Swag from the Marvel True Believers Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018