Kersplatt Comics and Collectibles of Cairns City in Australia is the latest comic book store to close. In a post to customers, they stated:
Despite the incredible support and loyalty of our amazing friends and customers, the downturn in retail, increased competition and my own ongoing heath issues this year have finally all culminated to the point that, by the end of December, KERSPLATT! Comics and Collectables will be forever closing it’s doors.
Owner Malcolm Semmens told the local press that he opened his store six years ago when his girlfriend couldn’t buy any Buffy comic books where they lived — and neither could anyone else.
But that the last 12 months had been tough, and so the store is closing. And in typical fashion, everything must go…
As is common these days, the store will close at the end of the year. And their shop fittings are also for sale.
Bleeding Cool covers the closing – and opening – of comic book stores. We’re more likely to discover the former rather than the latter, as the result of an active fanbase, so please let us know when a new store in your neighbourhood is opening as well as closing – email@example.com
- Speculators Hoovering Up BLACK on eBay – When They Can Find It - April 23, 2018
- BLACK, the Superhero Comic Where Only Black People Get Superpowers, to Be a Film Franchise from Studio 8 - April 23, 2018
- Frank Cho Draws Aunt May’s Wheatcakes for Amazing Spider-Man #800 Cover - April 23, 2018
- ComicBooks for Kids at the Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 23, 2018
- The 28 Covers Of Tony Stark: Iron Man – And How Retailers Can Order Them - April 23, 2018