Dark Horse has sent us an exclusive first look at the cover for Incognegro: Renaissance #2 from Mat Johnson and Warren Pleece. The second issue of the new series that is a prequel to the Vertigo graphic novel that came out 10 years ago. The synopsis for the series reads:
“After a black writer is found dead at a scandalous interracial party in 1920s New York, Harlem’s cub reporter Zane Pinchback is the only one determined to solve the murder. Zane must go ”incognegro” for the first time–using his light appearance to pass as a white man–to find the true killer. With a cryptic manuscript as his only clue, and a mysterious and beautiful woman as the murder’s only witness, Zane finds himself on the hunt through the dark and dangerous streets of ”roaring twenties” Harlem in search for justice.“
This is one of the new series in the Berger Books imprint edited by Karen Berger.
Incognegro: Renaissance #2
Writer: Mat Johnson | Artist: Warren Pleece | Cover Artist: Warren Pleece
On sale March 07, 2018
Cub reporter Zane Pinchback almost witnessed a murder. Now, the only true witness thinks he’s the prime suspect. What could she be hiding? Zane will have to go “incognegro” and sneak into a Harlem jazz club to track down the truth. In a time when looks could kill . . . Zane’s skin is the only thing keeping him alive.
- Black Lightning Season 1: Does Tobias Whale Think Black Lightning Is Dead? - January 21, 2018
- Humpty Dumpty: Why Do We Think He Was an Egg? - January 20, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Is There a Speedster-Centric Episode This Season? - January 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: The Show is Casting a Young Barack Obama - January 20, 2018
- Black Lightning Repeat Beats New Episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - January 20, 2018