Jimmy Fallon got a bit extra creative last night and did a parody of the CW hit series Riverdale, but used Charlie Brown and the Peanuts gang instead. Following the style of the new series, we got to see Lucy Van Pelt pull the football away from Charlie in live action. Then Peppermint Patty and Marcy arrive to tell the others that they found Linus dead in the pumpkin patch. We also learn that Charlie is having an affair with Ms. Othermar, who like all adults in the Peanuts universe speaks in ‘wa-was’ and never shows her face.
The five-minute skit goes on to show Questlove as Franklin, Steve Higgins as Pig-Pen, and a dance scene right out of the Charlie Brown Christmas special. There is even an appearance by Snoopy and a cameo at the end by KJ Apa, Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes, Madelaine Petsch, and Cole Sprouse from Riverdale playing themselves.
So many possibilities for season 2… maybe Woodstock will be the Black Hood and we’ll get to meet the little red-headed girl finally. My only question though is why wasn’t Charlie Brown bald?
This is really one of the more clever things I’ve seen on the Tonight Show in a while.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018