All versions of Batmen get accused of being fascist at some point.
But, to paraphrase George Orwell, some are more fascist than others. Nightwing: New World Order has seen a Dick Grayson create a very Batfascist future, and in Batwoman and Detective Comics we have seen the new Batman of Tomorrow, a future Tim Drake under the cowl, has also given us Batstormtroopers, and a Gotham that restricts all freedoms in order to provide a security that is self-defeating.
With Batman preparing for War, Tim Drake looks like he’s heading to that future.
Bringing everything in under one authority, Controlling the police. Bat-signals everywhere and always on. Making the ambulances run on time…
And plenty more to come. All very well-intentioned, paving the way…
Red Robin, stay in school. Or become a fascist Batman. Or, you know, a more fascist Batman.
DETECTIVE COMICS #970
(W) James Tynion IV (A) Joe Bennett (CA) Guillem March
“Fall of the Batmen” part two! Spoiler and the team still have unfinished business to resolve…and unfortunately for everyone, the Victim Syndicate feels the same way!
RATED T In Shops: Dec 13, 2017
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018