All versions of Batmen get accused of being fascist at some point.
But, to paraphrase George Orwell, some are more fascist than others. Nightwing: New World Order has seen a Dick Grayson create a very Batfascist future, and in Batwoman and Detective Comics we have seen the new Batman of Tomorrow, a future Tim Drake under the cowl, has also given us Batstormtroopers, and a Gotham that restricts all freedoms in order to provide a security that is self-defeating.
With Batman preparing for War, Tim Drake looks like he’s heading to that future.
Bringing everything in under one authority, Controlling the police. Bat-signals everywhere and always on. Making the ambulances run on time…
And plenty more to come. All very well-intentioned, paving the way…
Red Robin, stay in school. Or become a fascist Batman. Or, you know, a more fascist Batman.
DETECTIVE COMICS #970
(W) James Tynion IV (A) Joe Bennett (CA) Guillem March
“Fall of the Batmen” part two! Spoiler and the team still have unfinished business to resolve…and unfortunately for everyone, the Victim Syndicate feels the same way!
RATED T In Shops: Dec 13, 2017
- Titan Comics to Republish Original Deadline Tank Girl Strips in Colour - January 23, 2018
- A Sneek Peak at McFarlane Toys’s New Stranger Things Ghostbusters Action Figures - January 23, 2018
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018