All versions of Batmen get accused of being fascist at some point.
But, to paraphrase George Orwell, some are more fascist than others. Nightwing: New World Order has seen a Dick Grayson create a very Batfascist future, and in Batwoman and Detective Comics we have seen the new Batman of Tomorrow, a future Tim Drake under the cowl, has also given us Batstormtroopers, and a Gotham that restricts all freedoms in order to provide a security that is self-defeating.
With Batman preparing for War, Tim Drake looks like he’s heading to that future.
Bringing everything in under one authority, Controlling the police. Bat-signals everywhere and always on. Making the ambulances run on time…
And plenty more to come. All very well-intentioned, paving the way…
Red Robin, stay in school. Or become a fascist Batman. Or, you know, a more fascist Batman.
DETECTIVE COMICS #970
(W) James Tynion IV (A) Joe Bennett (CA) Guillem March
“Fall of the Batmen” part two! Spoiler and the team still have unfinished business to resolve…and unfortunately for everyone, the Victim Syndicate feels the same way!
RATED T In Shops: Dec 13, 2017
- The Daily LITG, 14th December 2018 – All We Ever Wanted Were Stories of a Better World - December 14, 2018
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018