All versions of Batmen get accused of being fascist at some point.
But, to paraphrase George Orwell, some are more fascist than others. Nightwing: New World Order has seen a Dick Grayson create a very Batfascist future, and in Batwoman and Detective Comics we have seen the new Batman of Tomorrow, a future Tim Drake under the cowl, has also given us Batstormtroopers, and a Gotham that restricts all freedoms in order to provide a security that is self-defeating.
With Batman preparing for War, Tim Drake looks like he’s heading to that future.
Bringing everything in under one authority, Controlling the police. Bat-signals everywhere and always on. Making the ambulances run on time…
And plenty more to come. All very well-intentioned, paving the way…
Red Robin, stay in school. Or become a fascist Batman. Or, you know, a more fascist Batman.
DETECTIVE COMICS #970
(W) James Tynion IV (A) Joe Bennett (CA) Guillem March
“Fall of the Batmen” part two! Spoiler and the team still have unfinished business to resolve…and unfortunately for everyone, the Victim Syndicate feels the same way!
RATED T In Shops: Dec 13, 2017
- Separated at Bath: Rob Liefeld and the New Domino Annual - July 22, 2018
- How Many Times Can Marvel Exclusively Give Away the Same Exclusive Variant Cover at San Diego Comic-Con? - July 22, 2018
- Marvel True Believers Panel Previews Squirrel Girl, Marvel Rising, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Domino, Runaways, and Many More - July 22, 2018
- A Look Inside the Increasingly Late Mister Miracle at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- Swag from the Marvel True Believers Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018