Dynamite has sent us a new writer’s commentary by Shawn Aldridge as he talks about Hack/Slash Vs. Vampirella #3. It has covers by Jen Vaughn and Goran Sudžuka and interiors by Rapha Lobosco.
* * * * *
When the Queen of Hearts starts possessing bodies, Cassie and Vampi’s alliance hits a bit of a rough patch and things turn into a battle you can really sink your teeth into. Because … vampires. Buy the book, read the book, then follow along here …
There’s a lot of ways to get to the two heroes fight. Here I went with “by possession.” Doing so allowed me to explore both the Blood Queen and Cassie.
Fight scenes for me are always more interesting if there’s another layer of info being given off.
As Vampirella and Vlad plan their takedown of Cassie/Blood Queen, a plan Vlad is a bit shaky on, we get into why it is the Blood Queen is doing what she does. A villain is more interesting when there’s a touch of human to them.
I love the way Chris colored these pages of Cassie’s “ideal life.” I tossed in a reference to the original Hack/Slash series with Georgia.
Turns out the Blood Queen didn’t know Cassie as well as she thought. Cassie’s “suits” line is a nice summation of her as a character/person.
I love this page. Everything about it. I really wanted Cassie to own the moment while owning her life here.
All seems well and good, then BAM! Cliffhanger!
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018
- Read Warlords of Mars #1 with the J. Scott Campbell Cover that Inspired the Dejah Thoris Statue - May 24, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD: What is the Final Fate of Graviton - May 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: The Threat From Ricardo Diaz May Be Far From Over - May 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 5: How Will Iris and Barry Deal with the Mysterious Girl - May 24, 2018