I’ve been getting more and more into board games lately — especially ones tied to literary characters. I’ve picked up the Dresden Files cooperative card game, the Mistborn game, and I’ve ordered the Re-Animator game. The same guys who did Re-Animator, Lynnvander Studios, are working with Dynamite Entertainment again on another Kickstarter game, this time focusing on the character of Red Sonja.
Red Sonja: Hyrkania’s Legacy is a cooperative adventure game for up to four players. You and your allies will choose from many quests before travelling through the realms in search of artifacts, treasures, monsters and adventure. Here are some of the specifics according to the site.
- 1-4 Players
- Cooperative Play
- Modular Tile – Adventure/Quest
- Dice & Card Combat System
- 60-90 minutes (120 for starters)
- Crosses over with Existing Games
I’m not familiar with the Legacy game system, but from what I understand there are a few games in this system, including Albion’s Legacy and Sherwood’s Legacy and you can cross the games over. That sounds interesting, if I can make Robin Hood and Red Sonja work together. But the most important question when it comes to games is: “How does it play?” The best-intended game fails if it’s no fun or overly complicated. I always look for a play through video to see the game in action. Lynnvander has released a play through video for Red Sonja: Hyrkania’s Legacy and I figured I should link it here, since we ran the announcement of this project. I’ve watched through it myself, and I have to say I’m curious enough to jump in on the Kickstarter.
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Daisy’s Future Could Mean the End - April 23, 2018
- Eoin Marron’s Process Art from Centipede #1 - April 23, 2018
- Oakland Raiders Sign Recently Arrested and Cut Corner Daryl Worley - April 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Two Arrow Actors to Guest Before the Finale - April 23, 2018
- Could Bad Behavior Lead to Fox Cancelling Lethal Weapon? - April 23, 2018