I’ve been getting more and more into board games lately — especially ones tied to literary characters. I’ve picked up the Dresden Files cooperative card game, the Mistborn game, and I’ve ordered the Re-Animator game. The same guys who did Re-Animator, Lynnvander Studios, are working with Dynamite Entertainment again on another Kickstarter game, this time focusing on the character of Red Sonja.
Red Sonja: Hyrkania’s Legacy is a cooperative adventure game for up to four players. You and your allies will choose from many quests before travelling through the realms in search of artifacts, treasures, monsters and adventure. Here are some of the specifics according to the site.
- 1-4 Players
- Cooperative Play
- Modular Tile – Adventure/Quest
- Dice & Card Combat System
- 60-90 minutes (120 for starters)
- Crosses over with Existing Games
I’m not familiar with the Legacy game system, but from what I understand there are a few games in this system, including Albion’s Legacy and Sherwood’s Legacy and you can cross the games over. That sounds interesting, if I can make Robin Hood and Red Sonja work together. But the most important question when it comes to games is: “How does it play?” The best-intended game fails if it’s no fun or overly complicated. I always look for a play through video to see the game in action. Lynnvander has released a play through video for Red Sonja: Hyrkania’s Legacy and I figured I should link it here, since we ran the announcement of this project. I’ve watched through it myself, and I have to say I’m curious enough to jump in on the Kickstarter.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018