After months of promotion and a slight scheduling setback that pushed the series from a September to a December premiere, Syfy dropped the first episode of their series adaptation of Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson‘s Happy!… and Bleeding Cool‘s here with your live blog recap of ‘Saint Nick.’
My Happy! live-blogs and recaps are less “formal reviews” and more of a “rev-ap”-type thing: I’m going to cover the nitty and the gritty of the episode, along with some of my thoughts on what worked and what should’ve be left untouched by human hands. So in other words, it’s like a mash-up offspring that results from a mating between a review and a recap. If you’re not familiar with the graphic novel series, then you should definitely keep that in mind as you keep reading or watching. If you know what’s coming, then spoilers probably aren’t going to be a big deal for you; but there may be some discussion (translation: rants) of either subtle changes or drastic differences that you might want to avoid until you see them for yourself.
For a look back at last week’s live blog of ‘Saint Nick,” feel free to make your way here.
If you’re new to the Happy! universe, here’s a quick rundown from Syfy on what you can expect, and a sneak preview of this week’s second episode, ‘What Smiles Are For’:
Happy! is based on New York Times best-selling author Morrison and Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name, and stars Christoper Meloni (Law & Order: SVU), Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille), Joseph Reitman (Money Monster), Lili Mirojnick (Friends With Benefits), Patrick Fischler (Twin Peaks: The Return), Ritchie Coster (True Detective) and Zabryna Guevara (Gotham).
Join me every Wednesday night at 10:00 pm ET for Happy Trails, Bleeding Cool’s live-blog of the ten-episode series. We’ll have the live-blog post go live at 9 p.m. ET for some pre-game fun, so please make sure to check out Bleeding Cool’s website (www.bleedingcool.com) and Twitter accounts (@bleedingcool, @bleedingcooltv, @bcoolfilm) for updates… and we’ll see you then!
- [Spoiler-Free] Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review: The Spark That Will Ignite the Saga for Years to Come
- Fox Orders Comedy Pilots ‘Our People’ and ‘Rel’, Musical Drama ‘Mixtape’ - January 20, 2018
- AMC Responds to New Walking Dead Lawsuit, “Greed of CAA” - January 19, 2018
- Joel McHale to Host Netflix’s Coincidentally Titled The Joel McHale Show - January 19, 2018
- The Weekly Static s01e23: Watchmen, Rockwell, Doherty and More! - January 19, 2018
- Outgoing Walking Dead Showrunner Scott Gimple Talks Carl’s Legacy - January 19, 2018