Final Fantasy XV‘s third character based DLC, Episode Ignis is live today and gives players a chance to see the Trial of Leviathan from a completely different point of view. This episode features a brand-new storyline told from the perspective of Ignis as he fights to protect Noctis during the trial. With multiple endings available, players will be able to see a different outcome of events based on their decisions made in the game.
The episode also features:
- Fast-paced action and battles – Ignis’s spelldaggers can be enhanced with elemental properties and his “Total Clarity” ability allows him to target and attack multiple enemies at the same time.
- A new comrade, Ravus – following the guest appearances of Cor in Episode Gladiolus and Aranea in Episode Prompto, Ravus will join forces with Ignis, putting allegiances aside in order to save the ones they care about.
- Battle against Noctis – By completing the episode, players can unlock the “Extra Battle” and take on Noctis, a powerful opponent capable of conjuring the Armiger and using Ring Magic.
- New music – Three new songs by legendary composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears), written specifically for Episode Ignis.
New content will also be available for Final Fantasy XV through this month’s free update that allows character swapping during battles. For the first time, players will be able to take complete control over Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis in-battle. Character swapping implements several of the gameplay features introduced in Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto and Episode Ignis, with player control reverting back to Noctis at the end of each battle. Other updates include songs from the Multiplayer expansion Comrades and Episode Ignis being added to the music player tracklist. The full list of updates is available here.
You can check out the battle command gameplay below.
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018