I first remember Ryan Stegman on The Lexian Chronicles from British publisher Markosia, but of late he’s has a solid career going at Marvel Comics with a lot of Spider-Man under his belt. And at least a year each on Scarlet Spider, Renew Your Vows, Wolverine, Uncanny Avengers and Inhuman, with plenty more besides.
Stegman has a lot of influences including Katsuhiro Otomo, Bill Sienkiewicz and Joe Madureira, but the biggest by far has to be Todd McFarlane who inspired Stegman to be a comic book artist in the first place.
And while Spider-Man would be a natural place for that influence to emerge, it probably hasn’t quite as much as it has today, Stegman’s first chapter of the Venom Inc storyline, and an Eddie Brock ripped straight out of the pages of Amazing Spider-Man #300.
If Marvel Legacy is about celebrating the past while taking it to the future, Stegman does that in spades today… and given the characters involved, what better place to do it?
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #793 LEG
(W) Dan Slott (A) Ryan Stegman (CA) Alex Ross
VENOM INC. Part 4
• Spider-Man has been compromised by Maniac and it looks like his only hope…
• …is Eddie Brock? Peter Parker isn’t going to like that!
Rated T In Shops: Dec 27, 2017
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018
- Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil - December 16, 2018